L14: Bit Member
aa
Oct 5, 2014
mc25.png

Name: Now, Do It Again!
Difficulty: 1/5
Time Limit: 24 Hours

Prompt:
For the final microcontest*, your task is to do any previous microcontest, but AGAIN! There's one major catch though: you have to do two of them at once! That's right, two different rule sets simultaneously! Now's your chance to revisit your favorites, try ones you missed, or roll the dice and choose a couple randomly!
*of this season

All the prompts:
There's been a lot of microcontests, and they don't all quite work together, so I've collected all the prompts and reworked them to be as compatible as possible. USE THESE NEW PROMPTS AS THE RULES FOR EACH, INSTEAD OF THE ORIGINAL PROMPTS. Some are a bit different from the original, so watch out!

#NAMEPROMPT
172 Minute MappingMake your entire map (including compiling!) in under 72 minutes. Planning before opening hammer does not count for time.
2Multistage MadnessFind a partner before starting. Individually, create the first stage of a multistage map in which Red team's spawn room will be the spawn room for Blu in Stage 2. Once both mappers have finished their first stage, trade .vmfs and build a second stage to the other mapper's map. The result should be two different 2-stage maps. For MC#25, the multistage map(s) do not have to be payload, and don't even have to be the same gamemode. See the original thread for a template for payload.
3Pick It Up, But Faster!Make a map that has gamemode-specific pickups (flags, power cores, the Jack from PASS Time, Mannpower Powerups).
4Arena+Make an arena map (or an arena variant like Arena: Respawn, CrikyStrike, or MTK).
5PASS Time PanicMake a PASS Time map (or an A/D PASS Time map).
6BATT BuilderDownload the template from the original microcontest thread, and use it to build a payload track. Build a map around that track. For MC#25, the final map does not have to be payload, but the entire cart track should be unblocked and the objectives of the map should still be placed along the track.
7Soaked!Make a map featuring water that meaningfully affects gameplay. See the original thread for details.
8Thinking Inside the BoxMake a map that fits entirely inside of a 4096 x 4096 x 2048 space. See the original thread for a template.
9Buddy SystemFind a partner before starting. Plan a map with them. Each of you then make a map based on that plan entirely independently, without ever looking at the other mapper's work. Both versions of the map will be played back-to-back during testing.
10Spiritual SuccessorMake a spiritual successor to the first map you ever posted on TF2maps.net, or your first ever microcontest map.
11Rule of ThreesMake a map with exactly three objectives. Standard PASS Time maps with three goals per team qualify.
12Hit the LimitsMake a map that vertically fits within (and exactly touches) a 640hu. See the original thread for details and a template.
13Mode ShifterTake one of your previously-made maps and rework it into a different gamemode.
14TrainsMake a map that includes a train hazard. Payload carts do not count.
15Robot DestructionMake a Robot Destruction map.
16Exclusion ZoneDownload the template from the original thread. Make a map that has no gameplay space within any of the "exclusion zones" in the template. See the original thread for details.
17Earth, Wind, and/or FireMake a map that includes AT LEAST TWO of the following:
  • a moving platform larger than a payload cart
  • a jump pad
  • a trigger_ignite-based hazard
See the original thread for details and a partial template.
18LockoutMake a map for a mode you've never mapped for before, and/or make a map for a mode you've never done for a previous microcontest.
19Dynamic, Asymmetric KotHMake a KotH map that is either:
  1. Dynamic (gameplay changes based on the outputs of the trigger_capture_area and/or the team_control_point)
  2. Meaningfully asymmetrical
20Static SpawnsDownload the template from the original thread. Build a map around the given spawns without modifying the geometry of the spawns.
211024/512Make a map in which all objectives are intervals of exactly 1024 or 512 hammer units apart. See the original thread for a template.
22SolidsMake a map that contains no more than 199 solids. See the original thread for details.
23Timer Attack!Make a map that uses at least one tf_logic_cp_timer entity.
24Two WishesMake a map based on the prompts from this Google Sheet. Either pick a whole row, or pick one prompt from columns C-E, and one prompt from columns F-H. You may freely choose prompts, or select them randomly. See the original thread for details about how this whole prompt sheet works.

Bonus Stamp:

Now's your chance to show off, since this time you can earn extra bonus stamps! For every additional microcontest ruleset you fulfill, you can claim an additional bonus stamp.

For example:
  • 3 prompts fulfilled = 1 bonus stamp
  • 4 prompts fulfilled = 2 bonus stamps
  • 5 prompts fulfilled = 3 bonus stamps
  • etc.
Submission Procedure:
  1. Please name your map <gamemode>_<yourname>_mc25_a1
  2. Create a download for your map in the downloads section of the site
  3. Reply to this thread with a link to your map's download page, and a list of all prompts it completes!
  4. Add your map to the bot in the Discord
  5. Maps must be submitted to this thread no later than 10:00 AM EDT (14:00 UTC) on June 25th, 2023.
  6. Testing will begin shortly after the deadline, with maps being playing in submission order
Good Luck!
Check out the Microcontest Season 3 Megathread for more info: https://tf2maps.net/threads/the-microcontest-megathread-season-3.46249/

Kepler

L2: Junior Member
Aug 4, 2020
I did King of the Flag, hopefully it plays alright
Microcontests: 3, 7 & 8

Sonoma

tf_logic_lesbian
aa
May 12, 2020
This fulfills the Mode Shifter(MC13) and Lockout(MC18) prompts.

Disable class limits enable random crits

Last edited:

14bit

L14: Bit Member
aa
Oct 5, 2014

Fulfills 4, 8, 14, 16, 22:
  • Arena+
  • Thinking Inside the Box
    • All trains and path_tracks were inside the box during compile, and are moved outside when the map is loaded via logic
  • Trains
  • Exclusion Zone
  • Solids
    • 199 solids exactly!

Seacat08

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 7, 2022
Got er done

TheCoolRev

L1: Registered
Feb 23, 2023
#3 (Pick It Up, But Faster!), #14 (Trains), and #18 (Lockout)

norfolk

aa
Jan 18, 2014
14 prompts out of 24 is a decent amount i believe

TFD

aa
Apr 10, 2016
I'm not sure I know all the microcontest prompts this fills, but stack man and I definitely knocked out rule of threes and multistage madness with this one. If I make it through clipping I'll be uploading my entry soon.

Attachments

• cp_stackmantfd_mc25_a1d.bsp
    4.3 MB · Views: 39

Maid

Bimbo Succubus Lesbian
aa
Sep 29, 2018

Five prompts passed!

#3 Pick It Up, But Faster!
#8 Thinking Inside The Box
#12 Hit The Limits
#20 Static Spawns
#22 Solids

20230625122255_1.jpg

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008

3 stage (1 cp per stage) map that fulfills:
  • Soaked!
  • Buddy System
  • Rule of Threes
  • Two Wishes (Point on boat, underwater route)

AlrexX [she/they]

do not forget your daily intake of booby pills
aa
Jul 31, 2019
DONEDONEDONE!!!!!

It should fulfil a total of 5 goals:
  • BATT Builder
  • Rule of Threes
  • Earth, Wind and/or Fire
  • Lockout
  • Static Spawns
And also possibly maybe Spiritual Successor cos it was meant to be a sort of rework of some ideas from my first map Iron Ridge but I ended up straying a bit too far so idk if it qualifies.

This is my first ever microcontest entry pls be nice

Last edited:

Kiglirs

aa
Sep 13, 2014

It wasn't that hard with all those prompts:
3 Pick It Up, But Faster!
10 Spiritual Successor
11 Rule of Threes
13 Mode Shifter
14 Trains
15 Robot Destruction
18 Lockout

Paper Shadow

L2: Junior Member
Jul 22, 2016

Should fulfill the following:
Pick It Up
Soaked
Spiritual Successor (MC21, represented by the big spiral downwards leading to the intel)
Mode Shifter (MC21, A/D CTF Varient into Standard CTF)
Lockout (I have never made a CTF Microcontest Map)
1024/512
Two Wishes (My Own Wish for CTF with Water)

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
1687701203219.png

qmracerbt

L1: Registered
Jun 19, 2023
My first microcontest entry, had fun making it, but i was very sleep deprived and it is not balanced at all
The prompts i decided to do were:
BATT Builder,
Trains, and
Earth, Wind, and/or Fire

Attachments

• pl_qmracerbt_mc25_a3.bsp
    11.3 MB · Views: 32
Last edited: