CP Ashpipe

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Ashpipe [ash-pahyp] noun - Rhymes with asswipe, also the name of an Italian ska band

Ashpipe is a asymmetrical 3cp map that reuses two point designs (B and C) that I didn't have any use for.

Last edited:

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
keep backcapping, it was cool

Sep 7, 2012
I said it on the feedback but I'll say it again (regarding B). A spire like that can be a lot of fun to play on, but you need to keep it even. Badlands spire is fun to play on because both teams have an equal claim to it - neither starts out with the height advantage. On your map, red very clearly has the height advantage, making it quite difficult to attack as blue.

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
From the screenshots, A looks kinda dull, B looks mega rad, and C looks pretty cool
I need to test this before I can figure out the actual levels of rad-ness, though.

Although, like Nightwatch said, B looks like a bit too much height advantage for RED.
I'm liking it so far, hopefully we can get some full tests on it soon.

Exelaratore

L2: Junior Member
Mar 18, 2013
I had a fantastic time playing this today. Regarding my feedback, All I have to say is what nightwatch already said. It's a blast Defending, though! haha

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
a1a was tested tonight (and will be tomorrow), here's what I found:

-not having a forward spawn feels wrong
- a few item placements could be stronger for offense onto C
-there is a sightline
-sentries at C were hard for spy to reach.

How I'm going to fix those things:
-Add a forward spawn that isn't too far forward (maybe right behind/in front of A). I'm still pondering this, though, since it does promote the blue team to have an engineer. I'll probably add it in anyways.
-Tweak the item placement
-Actually open Hammer and see where the sightline is, see if it needs to be addressed
-Make another, thin route (left side, offensive viewpoint) up to the ledge.

Overall though, the map is pretty fun (for me an others). Seems the third time is the charm!

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
a2 is out! Here's what changed:

-Tweaked item placement a bit: Small ammo behind B changed to a medium.
-The left route from A to B got changed, and has a balcony.
-Added a side ramp up to the sentry nest at C.
-Didn't add a forward spawn because I don't know where to put it. I'll try and find a spot for a3.

Download is available in the first post.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
a4 coming soon! (Somehow I skipped a3.) Here's a preview of the revised cap B:
3zLKG.jpg

3zLJ4.jpg

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
a4 is out! Cap B has been changed to be more better, and I probably tweaked a few other things too. I've also added a forward spawn, but blue doesn't actually spawn there yet.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
a5! Now with hopefully less bad! I still haven't gotten the forward spawns working, but someone was pushing to not have them, so we'll call it a 'feature.'

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
After not posting a bunch of versions in this thread, a9 is now ready for duty. Ashpipe will probably be going beta very soon.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
It's fixed now.

The issue, by the way, was that blue spawns were ungrouped and red spawns were grouped. Ungrouping the red spawns made everything work again because
WZdag.gif

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
b1 is out! Kinda. It's not really fully detailed, but I just wanted to go ahead and make a version for today's gameday. There's also a few minor layout changes - the choke in front of blue's forward spawn is a bit wider, and there's now a ramp leading up to the sentry nest at C.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I really love this map. I'm not sure what it is, it's just really fun to play on, and I love the theme.

I'm also quite impressed that, in the few versions I've played, red can hold at most of the points if they play well enough, it doesn't always devolve into a fight for final.

Can't wait to see this fully detailed.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
b2 is out now. We already had it tested, and I've got a few changes lined up for b3, which I'll cross off as I go:

-More detailing, of course
-Make Blue forward spawn less campable (multiple exits and/or more height advantage)
-Make blue balcony to B more useful [done]
-Fix a sightline, a few other small issues
-Nobuild roofs at A [done]
-Fix the issue where everyone in blue spawn spawns at one point (anyone know why this is?)