they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Last edited:

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Aether is now a full circuit track! No more of that silly teleportation business. Since this is the first of it's kind, I'm releasing the source to a5 as a learning tool so you can also make your maps into full, continuous circuits.

Download it here!

Last edited:

Codybean1

L1: Registered
Apr 6, 2012
Looks pretty cool. I'll give it a try sometime.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Maybe you misunderstand the point of the map. It functions pretty much entirely as a racing gamemode for multiplayer servers, rather than an obstacle course time trial.

Also, I'm not sure if you're trying to prove that you had the idea first or anything, but keep in mind that I put up the original version of this map on Halloween night. There's also several other karting maps that were made around the same time, and may or may not be still in development.

RaVaGe

aa
Jun 23, 2010

chocolate-medal.jpg

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
maybe you misunderstand the point of the map. It functions pretty much entirely as a racing gamemode for multiplayer servers, rather than an obstacle course time trial.

Also, i'm not sure if you're trying to prove that you had the idea first or anything, but keep in mind that i put up the original version of this map on halloween night. There's also several other karting maps that were made around the same time, and may or may not be still in development.

buuuuurn!

Shutting up now.

Last edited:

Nastybutler

L1: Registered
Jan 7, 2014
Maybe you misunderstand the point of the map. It functions pretty much entirely as a racing gamemode for multiplayer servers, rather than an obstacle course time trial.

Also, I'm not sure if you're trying to prove that you had the idea first or anything, but keep in mind that I put up the original version of this map on Halloween night. There's also several other karting maps that were made around the same time, and may or may not be still in development.

I didn't mean to come off as a douche or anything, my intentions were purely honorable, not insinuative. Was just mentioning (if it interests you) that we've been working on this for a while ourselves, and we're also in the midst of heavily alpha testing a server to run these maps with, along with a shiny racing timer and all that jazz. The timer itself is still in its very early stages, and still doesn't work quite right (making a racing timer with both teams, tried with multiple teams, so a mario-kart style item/attack system can be in play is trying our patience).

I would give a link to the server, but won't due to most likely there being a 'don't advertise your server here' rule in place somewhere.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Updated to a6! The lap counter is now a big counter over the finish line. I also made the checkpoints look nicer, added music, and did a few other changes.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Updated to a7. Spells are back in! The jump spell doesn't have a parachute, though. The method I was using unfortunately requires sv_cheats 1 because I'm a big dummy. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future!

EDIT: I didn't update the screenshots because I'm lazy and I doubt people actually look at them.

Last edited:

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Last edited by a moderator:

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Also, you can update the link?
Its v5, and that version have the text...
If you can/want plz, update to last version

Also, because both triggers of RED and BLU are overlapping, its impossible for me get all the triggers...
Its hard for me select the correct things to make the prefab

The counters are a prefab by Washipato. They're the same counters that you see in Trainsawlaser. Just send an "Add 1" output to the math_counter named "buffer" and it'll count up.

As for the triggers, you can click and hold to cycle through objects under your mouse. I might make a more proper prefab for this when the map is good and finished.

Donut: Ynders is correct, the music is my own.

I think I've decided I want to make this map 3 stages, because a number of people said that the gameplay got a bit stale pretty quickly (and I agree). That said, I'm not sure if I want to "carry over" anything between the stages, where winning the first two stages just earn you bonuses in the third stage. Thoughts?

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
@Idolon, do you still have the a5 vmf for this map? The Dropbox download link is broken, and I'm making a kart racing map of my own.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
@Idolon, do you still have the a5 vmf for this map? The Dropbox download link is broken, and I'm making a kart racing map of my own.

Updated the old link to work. Linking it again here for convenience's sake.