TF2M Migration Requests

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
I would like if this element became highlighted to show that it represents a tab you are currently on, i originally tried clicking it thinking it would take me to my account profile (a button for this would be nice so i dont have to just click the username), heres some quick ideas of how it could maybe be designed?

DvEofrW.png
eEfvgob.png
071sLam.png

Last edited:

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
Reactions Given

Similar to the "Reactions Received" page in "Your Account", this would be a quick shortcut to all the posts you've given a rating to.
It would be useful in a similar sense to bookmarking useful posts, but with the ability to filter by the rating you gave the post (which Reactions Received already seems to have the technology for), as well as buttons to sort by date posted and date you gave it the rating (ascending or descending).

1644468389567.png

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Server Staff
Jun 22, 2017
1644468575833.png

move download button under or above Join the discussion button. I could be wrong but I feel like everyones eyes naturally go here

Attachments

• 1644468750782.png
    1644468750782.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 206

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018
1644495581552.png

download page image carousel is nonexistant - it now looks like a stripped-down discussion page. reintroducing the carousel back up above the description and with a big shiny Download right below it like the old layout would be stellar. alex.bsp has already pointed out that the current download button location is way out of the way

nesman

master of fast travel
aa
Jun 27, 2016
1644495581552.png

download page image carousel is nonexistant - it now looks like a stripped-down discussion page. reintroducing the carousel back up above the description and with a big shiny Download right below it like the old layout would be stellar. alex.bsp has already pointed out that the current download button location is way out of the way
Those didn't transfer cleanly. We still have the data we just need to insert them correctly.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
1644500005450.png

New website and 2FA still only trusts for 30 days? This was a complaint i had about the old site and it never got addressed.

nesman

master of fast travel
aa
Jun 27, 2016
Done. Let me know what else breaks when I change that coloring.

I was going to ask if all our favorite reaction options would be returning, but it looks like that might be a work in progress already?
temp.PNG
Yes we just need to merge that data since Xenforo built their own system. Soon:tm:

Reactions Given
This might be fixed when we migrate that data? Not sure entirely.

1644503697228.png

I think this has to do with XFA covers. Does this button work better or do I need to dive into the templates?

When clicking on "Your ressources" or "Team ressources" it makes you leave the user profile. I think it's better to be still in the profile of the user after clicking those buttons
I agree that's kind of dumb. However, this is deep in the XenForo code something I don't have a ton of control over but I'll try to find it.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
1644509261745.png
1644509374169.png

Everything on the site is now presented with equal visual importance and I don't think that's a good change compared to the old site theme
the sidebar content grabbing my eye with the exact same importance as buttons and headers makes the information feel overwhelming despite being the same information as always

Lonely Author

L2: Junior Member
Aug 27, 2021
could you tweak the alerts so it can tell the difference between a map update and a model/recourse update pretty please?

theatreTECHIE

Yet another Techie for the net...
aa
Jun 19, 2015
1644500005450.png

New website and 2FA still only trusts for 30 days? This was a complaint i had about the old site and it never got addressed.
Comes from internet security principles - one of which is that persistent sessions should only last for 30 days before you should have to input an authentication factor again.

zythe_

✖ ✖ ✖
aa
Feb 20, 2018
the resource team tab or whatever should be public to everyone, that way it acts as a list of collaborators/contributors. also give me the ability to take away the ability to edit the download to certain members of my resource team, reason i want this ability is because if the team becomes public i would use it more as a contributors list so i don't want to give the ability to edit my download to someone who wasn't directly involved with it and just made a model or something i downloaded from the site for instance.

nesman

master of fast travel
aa
Jun 27, 2016
the resource team tab or whatever should be public to everyone, that way it acts as a list of collaborators/contributors. also give me the ability to take away the ability to edit the download to certain members of my resource team, reason i want this ability is because if the team becomes public i would use it more as a contributors list so i don't want to give the ability to edit my download to someone who wasn't directly involved with it and just made a model or something i downloaded from the site for instance.
Out of our control unfortunately. Make a feature request to Xenforo.

Aulli

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 28, 2012
I really like the new prominence of updates/changelogs posts, if you already know a map this is very relevant information to be displayed up front. however, the text itself cuts off so short that it's basically useless. I don't think allowing much more text, maybe even two or three lines, would be unreasonable.
Maybe even an expandable box for the latest three, it's not like there's anything below that this would bloat, though if you did that I think the read more button should be moved up to or near the header.

Also on that note, maybe expandable boxes in the updates page in general, As when changelogs start getting large and including images it's very cumbersome to actually sift through to find something.
Maybe even rolling history and updates into one would be reasonable with that, when I want to look through versions of a map to find specific one I tab back and forth between these two pages anyways.
1644626285083.png

Last edited: