Ripped straight from my Pick It Up! contest map a20.
Adding a game timer to CTF by default will force a stalemate at 0 regardless of score, or will be in overtime until both flags return to base. This fixes that, as well as a few other things.
This was a lot of work to set up, so I would appreciate a thanks somewhere if you've used this / adapted it for your own purposes.
- Round timer
- Adding time when a capture is made by the losing team
- Respawning the team whose flag just got captured
-- (...unless they're about to lose)
- Correctly awarding wins to the leading team when the timer runs out
- Correctly calling stalemate if scores are tied when the timer runs out
- Going into overtime if the losing team is carrying the enemy flag and are trailing by one point
-- In this scenario; awarding the leading team a win if the losing team drop the flag
- Going into overtime if scores are tied and both teams are holding the flags
-- In this scenario; awarding the team who captures first a win
-- In this scenario; awarding a win if the enemy team drop their flag
-- In this scenario; adding bonus time if teams capture at roughly the same time
- Other weird edge-cases to do with overtime
- No hardcoded score limits, so this will work on servers that change the capture limit