The 2015 Summer 72hr Mapping Contest!

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Hey guys, quick note! If you're submitting your map to an impromptu test, and there are two impromptus running at the same time (EU, US), don't submit your map to both. There's a lot of maps to test, and you'll just be taking a slot that someone else needs. Thanks!

CriminalBunny

Lasers are just deadly rainbows
aa
Oct 11, 2013
Hey guys, quick note! If you're submitting your map to an impromptu test, and there are two impromptus running at the same time (EU, US), don't submit your map to both. There's a lot of maps to test, and you'll just be taking a slot that someone else needs. Thanks!

And how do I submit my map for testing?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Ido what's the judging situation? I've got a ton of free time until my next semester starts and after looking at many of the entries I'd love to play through them. I realize I've missed the whole weekend, but I get home in a few days and would love to check them out. Seems like judging at the same time is a natural fit. This looks like one of the strongest contests (72hr or otherwise) we've had in my memory (bear in mind I missed 3 years).

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Well, not instead of Hammer.

Lots of people recommend that but I can rarely get my instances to become flush with my other geometry, so unless I'm floating some big thing over some displacements I usually just do on grid work at 45 degrees. Once you get used to it it's no big deal. Iikka had a good strategy for it.

Bull

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 30, 2011
Well I'm afraid I've been too ambitious this time; I probably won't be able to texture the whole map in time, and I'll be working all day tomorrow. :<

2f8f013348.jpg

Might turn the project in a normal map project

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
Well, not instead of Hammer.

Lots of people recommend that but I can rarely get my instances to become flush with my other geometry, so unless I'm floating some big thing over some displacements I usually just do on grid work at 45 degrees. Once you get used to it it's no big deal. Iikka had a good strategy for it.

The 2:1 slope is magic.

biskuu

L2: Junior Member
Oct 25, 2014
I didn't sleep for a day and a half and I managed to make a small but kinda detailed and textured a/d map!

Last edited:

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
I can't say why, but I just don't feel motivated to participate in this contest.

I've been messing around with my music stuffs, been thinking of detailing, and ton of other things, but I just can't be damned to work on Slagfall.... And the weirdest part being that I was so excited for the contest, but now I just can't give a damn. What the fuck is happenin with me, like I've started on another map for some reason.

I might end up just dropping out this one. And I can't even say why, because I think the layout on Slagfall is damn decent for anything I've done. Can we get a psychiatrist up in here to figure out what the hell is my problem...?

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
I'm dropping out because I can't be arsed to spend the next 20 hours figuring out why packing my custom content is crashing my game whenever I load my map.

Bull

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 30, 2011
-another one bites the dust-

Yeah, I'm out as well. I've got too little time, I have to work all day tomorrow on my normal job and I feel I'm way below the level of the top tier here. At least it was fun and I learned quite a bit of new stuff. Might join the next one again!

14bit

L14: Bit Member
aa
Oct 5, 2014
Looks like I won't be able to do a second entry due to the fact that there is a massive storm going through and most of Michigan is without power. Looks like it was wise to do an alternate weekend!

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Yeah I'm droppin out, sorry for all none of you who wanted to see my entry.

Ehh I'll probably mess around with it and upload a version after the contest closes....