CTF Rift RC3

A Jungle/Mayan Ruins themed Invade CTF map.

1. Ynders

aa Ynders absolutely gormful

Positive Ratings:
    Redmond and Blutarch are at it again, and this time their logging companies Wood Good Inc. and Binksi Logging Co. are endlessly one-upping each other in lumber production. As each tries to outdo the other, trees are rapidly disappearing from the U.S, and both companies are given an official notice by a those disgusting hippies at the Global Resource Network to stop their deforestation of the country at once. Lucky for them, the notices didn't say anything about South America. Both companies make plans to move their operations to the Yucatan, unaware that their rival is doing the same...

Logging has commenced in a remote jungle, far away from smelly hippies, but much to the loggers' surprise, these rainforests hold more than plain old trees. There's also piles of really old rocks! Building-shaped rocks, no less! These artifacts should fetch a fair chunk of change back at home, change that could be used to further extend tree-cutting capability. As the logging operations evolve into archaeological expeditions, Wood Good Inc. is astonished to find that those bastards from Binksi Logging are right in their backyard! This means war.

Welcome to CTF_RIFT! In this hybrid "Invade CTF" gamemode, pick up the bomb from the middle of the map and take it to the enemy side in order to destroy their pyramid.

Originally made for the Winter 2014 72hr Mapping contest.

EArkham for coloured khmer stone brick textures and stelae/broken face props
    squintik for jungle skycards
    heyo for other jungle skycards
    Bulletcrops Pack for blimp and "Wood Good" signs
    Mayann Pack for pottery models
    Wormatty for the MvM response prefab
    UEAKCrash for providing alternate testing on the HoNC server
    MegaPieMan for the custom announcer lines
    Muddy for help with said voicelines
    And of course everyone at tf2maps.net for playing the map and giving feedback, as well as organizing the 72hr contest that made it possible!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  2. KubeKing

Server Staff KubeKing dan's birthday was fun too

Positive Ratings:
    dat isometric screenshot, schweeeeet.

10/10 MOTY

3. norfolk terrier

norfolk terrier L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
  4. Bull

Bull L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hah, I do! >: )

OFF TOPIC: How do you get those isometric screenshots? They look sweet as hell.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. KubeKing

Server Staff KubeKing dan's birthday was fun too

Positive Ratings:
    Here you go. Enjoy!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Map was made by Ynders, therefore it is automatically bad.

In all seriousness though, I'm glad you're working on this one. I quite liked it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Bull

Bull L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sweet baby jesus, thanks!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Ynders

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  9. HQDefault

aa HQDefault ...what

Positive Ratings:
    The exploit is a giant black hole sucking up the map?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Another Bad Pun

Server Staff Another Bad Pun over my dead body

Positive Ratings:
    Obviously the map is fullbright

11. Ynders

Positive Ratings:
    I most likely won't be working on this map anymore, so if you want to adopt it, send me a reply or a message or something. In fact, I'm probably going to take a break from mapping in general for a while, and maybe I'll make a good map when I return.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  12. Ynders

Positive Ratings:
    Rift is back, babies!

====<|Alpha 11|>====

13. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    This map is fun.

Also I did this on it:
    [​IMG]

\m/

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  14. Ynders

Positive Ratings:
    ====<|Prebeta 1|>====

15. Ynders

Positive Ratings:
    ====<|Beta Candidate|>====

16. Ynders

Positive Ratings:
    {>--==--<|Beta 1|>--==--<}

Finally!

17. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    Hi, Ynders.

I was concerned about the confusion that could be caused by not knowing what was going on, coupled with the two-second capture time of the bomb. So I thought I would have a faff around in Hammer to see if I could get the defending team to say MvM bomb responses. I was able to get it to work eventually.

I made a test map. What happens is, when a player spawns he gets AddOutput > targetname redplayer/blueplayer and also Addcontext > IsMvMDefender:1.

Then I coloured part of the map red and part blue and put a trigger brush over each. I gave them and the intelligence some outputs: OnTrigger/StartTouch > red/blueplayer > Speakresponseconcept > TLK_MVM_FIRST_BOMB_PICKUP or TLK_MVM_BOMB_PICKUP. I gave the intel an OnDropped output and a couple of relays to make each defending team say that the bomb has been dropped, using concept TLK_MVM_BOMB_DROPPED.

The response rules for each concept give them a five percent chance to be spoken, so you don't need to worry about voice command spam.

You can download the VMF here. Spawn as a red player and then spawn a bunch of bots in the console (spam 'bot' 23 times). Wait for them to say the round start lines, then pick up the intel. Stand on the spot dropping it and picking it up again for a bit. Then take it to the blue area and wait there for a bit. Every five seconds it will send the concept output to the blue team.

The triggers for red and blue are different, and have different outputs because I was experimenting with func_flag_alert and func_flagdetectionzone. Each has pros and cons and neither was perfect for what you said you wanted to happen during the play test recently. You could get it working exactly the way you want with more logic but I didn't do that because it was outside the scope of my proof of concept.

I hope this is of use to you.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  18. Ynders

Positive Ratings:
    {>--==-<|Beta 3|>-==--<}

19. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    This shit is bananas

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

20. Ynders

Positive Ratings:
    I'm taking a break from this map (again) if anyone cares. Lately I've been feeling like every time I change something, it makes the map worse, and it's been causing me more stress than fun, so I'm just putting it on the backburner until I feel ready to continue.

• Like Like x 1