Rations

PD Rations A6b

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
Rations - collect bread to win????

No screens yet, just creating the thread early on just in case.

In this gamemode, collect bread from either the neutral middle zone or the enemy team's base and bring it back to your own base. unlock cores by standing in the zone for a certain amount of time.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
We playtested your map on our server recently. You can download the demo file here, and can see the feedback here. The best way to use this is to watch through the demo - look where people go and don't go, what classes they play and don't play, and where most people die. Make sure to pay attention to the ingame text and voice chat. On the feedback site, if you Claim your map, you can download the feedback as a vmf, which you can then copy into your map vmf to have all the feedback in the right place.

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
-Skipped alpha 3
-Added some light detailing around mid
-Opened up the indoor routes
-Fixed timers on team base capture zones
-Fixed sound effects, they now play every time rather than just the first time
-Added particle effects to when bread spawns
-Shortened reset time when bread is dropped
-Improved clipping

Read the rest of this update entry...

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
-Fixed a collision bug on the spiral ramp
-Filled in some walls to make general flow better
-Decreased value of mid breads
-Fixed lighting on all progress visualizations
-Added cover at and detailed middle capture zone
-Simplified indoor portion of mid
-Simplified the diagonal balcony route

If anyone has any suggestions for where the capture zones should be moved, I'd love to hear them!

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
-Continued detailng for some reason
-Removed base capture zones
-Added a boat capture zone
-The boat comes every 2:30 and stays for 45 seconds, during which players can drop their bread into it
-Players are killed if they ride the boat too far
-Timers changed to indicate when the boat will come and for how long it will stay​
-Added some stairs back onto plan from the ice bits
-Extended out the water
-Added nobuilds where necessary

Plans for next update: maybe add a route from either team's base to the water, and add more ice?

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
Okay, so after adding the boat, the problem that appeared is that players can now turtle on mid and never have to move because the capture zone comes to them. This is an issue, but the alternative is putting the cap zones in their respective bases, but that takes players out of the action and weirdly breaks up the combat time. I'm not quite sure which would be better at this point, and the only other option is rebuilding the map entirely. I'd like to hear what you guys think would be the best option.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
I'd say you're better off rebuilding the map. It's too small for it's own good, and as a result it's really easy to turtle. I think mid has some cool ideas, but the rest of the map is very ehh.

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
FINAL JAM VERSION, A6B

The download for this version is .zip containing 2 versions of the map. Don't just put the .zip in your maps folder.

-First version[pd_rations_72_a6b] has the boat capture zone
-Second version[pd_rations_72_a6b_noboat] has the old capture zones, at your home base
-Both versions
-Opened up and streamlined more areas of the map
-Changed mid point value to 3 again(sorry, I'm being really indecisive about this)
-Added some high ground on either side of mid where the small healthkits are
-Opened up bottom of the thing blocking the middle of the street route​
-Boat version
-Changed boat capture zone so that actual capture zone is a platform tugged by the boat, removing the height advantage that people capturing had
-Fixed an issue that caused the boat to stay docked forever(whoops)​