TF2M Migration Requests

BigfootBeto

Party Time 2.0!
aa
Jun 8, 2016
Upgrading the popfiles downloads section for MvM could be useful. Maybe putting a more integrated link to the map it was made for (assuming it has a page on tf2m), and maybe even the map page has a section with a list of custom missions associated with it.
It might also encourage the scattered mvm community to have a more centralized place to share content.

Zeus

Not a Krusty Krab
aa
Oct 15, 2014
Upgrading the popfiles downloads section for MvM could be useful. Maybe putting a more integrated link to the map it was made for (assuming it has a page on tf2m), and maybe even the map page has a section with a list of custom missions associated with it.
It might also encourage the scattered mvm community to have a more centralized place to share content.
I def like this idea; but im not even sure where i'd begin to implement that since that will involve a bunch of relatively complex stuff with Xenforo. I have a very cursory understanding of how the site software works so this prob wont happen for a while

Zeus

Not a Krusty Krab
aa
Oct 15, 2014
the download page image carousel has a bunch of stuff overlaid over the screenshot, which both:
- obstruct viewing the screenshot
- is kind of difficult to read overlaid over the image anyway
- has a 1:1 cropped thumbnail to the left? why's that there?
- swipes to the side with the image when the carousel cycles?
the information displayed here is small enough to fit alongside the rating and watch buttons.

also, another bug, the full-size image embed that gets inserted when you paste an image into a post can't be removed in the default post editor if it's right at the end. like this one.
1644702598477.png

1644495581552.png

download page image carousel is nonexistant - it now looks like a stripped-down discussion page. reintroducing the carousel back up above the description and with a big shiny Download right below it like the old layout would be stellar. alex.bsp has already pointed out that the current download button location is way out of the way

I published a bunch of edits to the downloads landing page:
  • Moved the cover down to be next to the side bar
  • Moved the download button into the side bar as many people requested
  • Added the "category" into the side bar as well
  • Fixed the "manage cover" popup mess

Before
Screenshot_569.png

After
Screenshot_567.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_570.png
    Screenshot_570.png
    335 KB · Views: 121

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
On the old forum, clicking on "Recent posts" sent you to a list of all threads containing unread posts.
Now it seemingly shows all threads, in recent first order. The bold text on the actual unread threads is barely noticable compared to read threads.
To get the list like on the old forum, I have to click the same tab I'm already on, this will give it the "Show only: Unread" tag.
It should have that on by default when you click recent posts.
1.png

2.png

3.png

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Realised I never mentioned in this thread, it seems like y'all removed the Steam profile link from user profiles?
This is a big negative as it makes it much harder to locate people's Steam accounts for collaboration on the Workshop

nesman

master of fast travel
aa
Jun 27, 2016
Realised I never mentioned in this thread, it seems like y'all removed the Steam profile link from user profiles?
This is a big negative as it makes it much harder to locate people's Steam accounts for collaboration on the Workshop
We'd have to make something custom for this to bridge the gap since the plugin we use, ThemeHouse Connected Accounts, doesn't have this feature built in. Which is dumb. I might be able to spit it into a user defined field like we did with the old discord account links, not sure haven't really looked (edit: I just tried and it makes a garbled mess so we have to do something custom).

Last edited:

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
Would be nice if you could make new posts more clearly identifiable.
Currently there's just a little "New" that goes under with all the other texts and buttons of the same color.
Something like the old forum did would be great
uno.png

Oct 6, 2008
I would like to see a fliter feature in the featured downloads list - so that if I just want to see payload maps it would filter them by map type.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
the icon to like a post is so far away from the icon telling you how many people have done so, i keep trying to click on that one to add to the counter but to do that i have to click on the other side of the post

Cinnamon

L1: Registered
Dec 14, 2019
Add a "Save As Draft" button to the Add Download page.

It would be really nice to have this since you could have typed down a really good description of your map, but it's still being worked on and not in a good state you want to upload it as. You'll be able to modify and access it (and other stuff too, of course) later as needed without any ptoblems along the way.

Another Bad Pun

In the shadows, he saw four eyes lit by fire
aa
Jan 15, 2011
It's much harder to look through a user's profile to find their thread history or look through their post history. Since searching on the site doesn't work very well this has always been my alternative. A way to see a list of "threads created" from a user's profile page would be helpful.

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
Can you give Dark Mode users the ability to have more in-depth profile stats when looking at threads? Light Mode users get a lot more features when looking in links with /threads/ .
Ex:
1670126159085.png

1670126169015.png

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
1670781264006.png

(Main request) Can Parkour Fortress please be added to the non-standard maps list? It's been featured in three consecutive TFConnect events and I think it's good enough to have its own dedicated category.

Also, if it's even possible, could members be allowed to re-upload the lost maps from the 2015 exodus onto the site? A LOT of downloads could finally be restored from that.

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
I would like the "featured" attribute to be somewhat clear when viewing a "featured" map. Right now you can't see it.
1670783312351.png