WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
xgSLWw0.png
just
xgSLWw0.png

But oh man so many collision-less models with collision turned on... The console is red. VERY red. But oh man that sound...

MaccyF

Notoriously Unreliable
aa
Mar 27, 2015
room2016_oxygen.bsp

If you find some bugs, or other issues, please send me PM.

tD4v9MY.jpg

BdR8FM4.jpg

LT6YjCu.jpg

LMsY8gJ.jpg

4oMhtHp.jpg

rpOlznh.jpg

c4Quv3W.jpg

ps: Also, I'm recommend play this with headphones to better feel the atmosphere of the level.

good job on making it look like an actual moon-base, it always bugged me how asteroid has open doors to the surface.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Submitted entries indeed need to be named as the username, but some of us are giving previews with nicknames so as not to cause file mismatch errors when we submit updated versions

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
I think the green glows over the points are from Half-Life 2.
Not really a big deal considering the Nucleus particles are from Portal.

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
1:13 (in video) when you move away it echos is that just a hammer thing?

Yeah, I assume DSP's get added during compiling. I guess it fires rays from the origin of the sound to determine how close it is to solid objects and such. It also seemed to do a pretty good job of recognizing I was standing in a metal building at 1:30 so it reflected the sound more. Source is fairly smart.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Source's audio system is often overlooked. It can do stuff like what's shown in the video, like actual echoes in open spaces with high walls around. It doesn't do Doppler effect as far as I know. That would be cool though.

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
Source's audio system is often overlooked. It can do stuff like what's shown in the video, like actual echoes in open spaces with high walls around. It doesn't do Doppler effect as far as I know. That would be cool though.
Yeah I've noticed echoes for some times now, but I find it annoying that sometimes I get echoes from an ambient_generic that plays everywhere at the same volume.

Aug 30, 2015
S

saph

I've been busy, kinda down, but hey, I got something done today: It's definitely A/D (either GPit or Steelpit), but I'm not sure about last. I have an idea that might work, but would it be a Steelpit where the second A/B capture only gives time (no bridges/deathpits)?

Some minor tweaking on A before I lay down some walls and basic geometry (to connect to blue spawn):
Mhlkf34.jpg

Finally, after a week, I got around to working on B again (I need to expand lobby and work towards blue spawn):
ggxtJCY.jpg

Oct 6, 2008