WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
I remember this one map I saw like 3 years ago that was basically Watchtower but with every single brush/displacement covered in Justin Bieber's face.
Umm, speaking about face, I remembered something.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=138938960

iZvZFCc.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2013
Made some more progress on my TF2C deathmatch map dm_grain

XMFjkWu.jpg

kZ32QhW.jpg

6jxy5QC.jpg

tSdIYwN.jpg

There's missing overlay textures 'cos I'm running this on my TF2 client which is missing some TF2C content I couldn't be arsed to remove
I know it's kinda late, but....

The name "Grain was TAKEN!! BY ME!

But I don't mind, you can use it for tf2c, it's a different game. Names are running out anyways

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
I know it's kinda late, but....

The name "Grain was TAKEN!! BY ME!

But I don't mind, you can use it for tf2c, it's a different game. Names are running out anyways
where/when? if there's no way to find out the name is taken it's gonna get used.

Apr 14, 2013
Well, I made cp_grain (a 3 staged 6cp map I abandoned) at least 3 years ago, and although it had a lot of work put in it (reached probably at least a13) I don't plan on continuing it. I didn't bother to convert it's thread back when the site changed, but anyways, here's the link:

http://tf2maps.net/threads/grain.21542/#post-291096

As I said, I don't mind you using the name, as tf2c is a different game. I'm not planning on continuing cp_grain anyways.

Bull

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 30, 2011
Been improving some of the idoor area's of my map

TLN8Qxt.jpg

Also some exterior:

bXgFV8e.jpg

S

saph

This'll probably be some form of A/D, not sure yet. I'm not really liking the way it'll have to be clipped and how attackers have to get up (small jump as of now). This is based off of a screenshot I took of PL Torrid.
rqC5aTh.jpg

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
I made a entity setup with a grinder, a trigger_hurt, an ambient_generic, and a env_sprite, where all are disabled for a short time once someone touches the trigger_hurt.

On completely unrelated news, can joke maps be tested in public gamedays/imps?

Last edited:

MaccyF

Notoriously Unreliable
aa
Mar 27, 2015
This'll probably be some form of A/D, not sure yet. I'm not really liking the way it'll have to be clipped and how attackers have to get up (small jump as of now). This is based off of a screenshot I took of PL Torrid.
-snip-

i'd try putting a couple of ramps down between the buttress things, i tried that somewhere with torrid and it made it a lot easier to get up to the platforms

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
On completely unrelated news, can joke maps be tested in public gamedays/imps?
I'm all but certain we've played Trainsawlaser and Wubwubwub outside of April Fool's Day events. Granted, gimmicks aside those are both still a stock gamemode.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
I'm all but certain we've played Trainsawlaser and Wubwubwub outside of April Fool's Day events. Granted, gimmicks aside those are both still a stock gamemode.

Don't worry. It's PD.

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
CcaC3J-UEAAkvWK.jpg
CcaEEVLUsAA7L_j.jpg

I made some neural art, it basically uses the style of one image and applies it to another

More can be seen here: https://github.com/jcjohnson/neural-style

Serious question, if you saw the first image as art in a map, would it match the art style?

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
@Fantasma That first image does remind me a lot of the paintings in Mann Manor. Could use some manual tweaking but overall would not look out of place!

(What's the easiest way for a non-coder like myself to get my hands on this program? :p )
Instructions are here: https://github.com/jcjohnson/neural-style/blob/master/INSTALL.md

Keep in mind this is for Ubuntu (which I run in a virtual machine) and that running outside of CPU mode could cause problems without the right equipment apparently.

Cytosolic

L5: Dapper Member
May 1, 2015
Been working on this detail area, thing. It is a spawn room and yes, it is 2048 by 2048. Still very WiP though.
And yes, the sky box is derp right now.

Oh, and the screenshot quality is a bit crap.

room2016_cytosolic0007.jpg room2016_cytosolic0008.jpg room2016_cytosolic0009.jpg