Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
If you've played VSH, a mixture of gruff Australian and the Devon accent.
Yes, I have, but I'm assuming that voice is from the community and not from Valve directly?

Snowbat

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 23, 2013
Yeah We absolutely needed more cosmetics and taunts. Fixes? Nah.
Oh and contracts for shitty skins, of course.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
do people who make those arguments legitimately think valve does nothing

like do you think they just sit around all day not doing anything

adding skins and contracts really cant take very long, and cosmetics and taunts even less

its not like doing them eats into the time they spend working on other things

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Yeah We absolutely needed more cosmetics and taunts. Fixes? Nah.
Oh and contracts for shitty skins, of course.

Almost every single bit of news about this update has been about how it's focusing on matchmaking and the competitive community. A single bit of information indicating that the update will contain taunts doesn't make the last month of news null and void.

Snowbat

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 23, 2013
I hope to be proven wrong, but these last few content updates have been complete letdowns.

Another Bad Pun

In the shadows, he saw four eyes lit by fire
aa
Jan 15, 2011
I honestly can't think of any way these last few updates were any worse than the updates we've gotten since 2012. If anything, these updates are at a disadvantage because the pool of weapons and hats is already at it's maximum. By this point in the game's history there's nothing besides a new comp gamemode and new maps which would meaningfully impact the game compared to previous TF2 updates, where simply giving the Soldier a new rocket launcher was a huge deal. It's probably why Valve finally created the map workshop in the first place - TF2 needed it.
Hopefully future updates will set the stage for more innovation in TF2, which this game needs, thanks to Overwatch.