Jungle Boogie Gamedays - Every Friday!

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
boogie.png

Header by Fuzzy & Void

The idea behind the Jungle Boogie Gamedays is to inspire and encourage those that wish to work on maps for the upcoming Jungle-themed updated in development by Valve! Have you been working on a map that you want to make fit the update's theme but haven't been able to get it off the ground just yet? We're here to help! We're here to break the misconception that it's "too late" to take part in the update and get people involved to make the best jungle maps they can! The world can always use more jungle maps - especially the jungle tag on the workshop!

boogie_when.png

Every Friday*, Fuzzy and I will be hosting the Jungle Boogie Gamedays on the Official TF2M Servers. Prior to each event, we will announce when it will take place and what server it will be hosted on. As Fuzzy and I, your hosts behind the Jungle Boogie Gamedays, are american, it'll be more often than not an event hosted on the US server. If timezones are permitting or the US server is otherwise inconvenient, we can always host on the EU server!

TF2Maps.net US Server - Dallas, Texas, United States - 66.150.214.251:27015
TF2Maps.net EU Server - Frankfurt, Germany - 31.186.251.51:27015

The first event will be held Friday, April 21st, 1PM CDT on the US Server.
Convert to your timezone here.

*Acts of God permitting.

boogie_submit.png

Please use this format for submitting maps:
Code:
Map name: (provide the full filename, e.g. cp_example_a1)
Author(s):
Download: (TF2M or Dropbox downloads preferred)
Notes: (Optional)

• Your map must be fully playable.
    • This means working spawns, functional objectives, packed custom content, proper lighting (not fullbright), no leaks etc. Please make sure your map fits this criteria. If you need help, don't be afraid to ask either in this thread or the TF2M Steam Group chat.
  • Filename must be entirely in lowercase.
    • 'cp_example_a1', not 'CP_Example_A1' - capital letters break Linux servers.
  • Please repack your map before uploading.
    • It's better that way. Smaller downloads mean faster downloads means more people in the server playing your map sooner.
  • MvM, Surf, Trade, MGE, etc. are not permitted.
    • Custom gamemodes are permitted as long as they don't require any special treatment to be playable. Despite the active contest, MvM maps can not be submitted, as the server is not set up for it.
boogie_pool.png

Whenever a map is submitted to the Jungle Boogie Gamedays, it'll be added to the Map Pool! If more maps are needed to fill a test due to an inadequate amount of new testing versions per-week, maps will be drawn from the Pool to fill the slots. Jungle Boogie Gamedays will average to around 8 maps per test.

The Map Pool currently hosts these maps for regular testing and inspiration:​

boogie_rules.png
  • We accept any and all Jungle maps!
    • You are not bound or limited to the Mayann theme. While this won't be readily apparent in alphas, we still wholly encourage you to submit early versions of your maps. If it's an Alpha 1 you want to submit to make into a later Jungle-themed map, then go for it!
  • Don't abuse the RTV system with the intent of getting to a map you submitted faster.
    • All maps will be treated equally. A pre-screening of the maps will confirm whether or not there are any technical difficulties to prevent RTV'ing for such issues.
  • Standard server rules apply.
    • Be polite, be efficient, and have a plan to test every map you see - just don't be rude about it.
  • Any updates you make to a map you've already submitted must be posted about in the thread.
    • This ensures that the proper version is set up for testing.
  • Each test will be limited to 8 maps.
    • If for whatever reason your map can't fit, it can always be added to next week, or tested sooner via general impromptu using the VBot system in the TF2M Steam Group Chat.
  • Maps will have a cut-off submission time of 4 hours prior to the event each Friday.
    • If you can not submit your map within this time, it'll be added to next week, or it can also be added to VBot for general impromptu.
  • If your map is currently in the Map Pool but you'd like to have it specifically tested, just post stating such, and we'll add it to the upcoming gameday list.
If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask! While this thread is where you can submit your maps for Jungle-themed testing, it's also open to discussion regarding the events and maps featured in them!​

Last edited:

vulduv

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 12, 2016
current maps im working on. koth_beertown, cp_train(wip name), arena_mun and mvm_fu. i dont want to expand that list. but il happily play some of the maps :)

Jul 22, 2016
I'm real excited to see what all these jungle maps bring to the table! I know within the past few weeks, these jungle imps was real fun to be had. I can't wait to see if people make more maps, I hope this inspires many people to try!

To those making jungle maps right now- I'm really super proud and excited and I know all of you will do great! Keep it up, friends, this is only just the beginning~!

Woozlez

L3: Member
Jul 28, 2010
Map name: koth_ahau_rc2
Author(s): Woozlez, xb33, and signalmax
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3GKNCEr72suUUZzMEtKdzZQX2M/view?usp=sharing
Notes: I don't believe this needs another dedicated test, it would just be really nice for it to get a few more chances to be played in the map pool! I think the map is good inspiration for anyone trying to utilize Mayann theme or excavation elements, so I think it will find a good home on the server.

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Today's Gameday will be featuring 6 maps - and you can download them in one pack, here!

This is highly recommended as these Jungle maps tend to get very large in filesize!

Download Here!

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Not sure if this has been clarified already, but feel free to run Extraction even when I'm not present.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: as always, please extend the map time by 5 minutes to make up for the short runtime of CTF-prefixed maps

Last edited:

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
This week's Jungle Boogie Gameday will be featuring 7 maps - Occult, Discovery, Lazarus, Extraction, Enclosure, Holcan, and Overgrown [in that order] - and can be downloaded ahead of time here!

Again, this is highly recommended as these maps are large in filesize! We'll be starting a bit later than usual to prepare for this, and all maps will be extended by 5 minutes to accommodate for the larger download times.

Download the pack here!

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Due to no new submissions this week, we'll be taking a week off from this. If we get more by next week, we'll continue on with business as usual!