PL Shoreleave rc1

Prep Up, Men!

1. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I do need to give that a shot again since it's been updated so much since I last tried it.

2. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    It crashes my TF2 on OS X. Not surprising really, since anything memory related on OS X os buggy as fuck anyway.

3. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
  4. Yrr

aa Yrr An Actual Deer

Positive Ratings:
    have u considered randomising the landmine placement like rapture's meteors :)

5. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    The way they currently are set up, I need them in very specific distances apart so they don't all chain off of each other.

6. Yrr

aa Yrr An Actual Deer

Positive Ratings:
  7. Skittelz

Skittelz L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I realized you could go on the flowers (by the bar). Is that bad?
    [​IMG]

8. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Nah, it's intentional. Doesn't really differ much from standing in the opening, so I figured I'd leave it.

9. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
    I have a feeling that some of the props were measured exactly for use in Shoreleave while they were being made....

11. Viemärirotta

aa Viemärirotta sniffer

Positive Ratings:
    They were. The A6 Changelog video says that.

12. Anreol

Anreol L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I was testing exploiting the map, and because your US server (for some reason) have the feedback plugin broken, I had to create a server and search. The coordinates are in the right corner

You can build in RED spawn frame (With a spy, and then a H5 you can let the blu spy enter your spawn)

So, nobuild all the spawndoor frames. (This happens in BLU spawn door frame too)

[​IMG]

It will be nice to open that door for BLU when that spawn is activated, so they can get back into spawn. Maybe it works bad, but who knows

[​IMG]

You should nobuild this so you cant place teleporters there

[​IMG]

The activation triggers for those mines are really big, and is very annoying to be blow up when you don't
    touched the mine.

[​IMG]

The capture point being solid is good so you cant hide stickies, but you should nobuild around it because there is a exploit related to letting

the cart go back and placing a teleporter in the point, getting you inside the cart as RED

[​IMG]

When Im leaving blu spawn I feel like this is blocking my way, maybe remove it?

[​IMG]

Place something so players that dont know how to crouch jump (Yes there is players that dont know) can make the jump.

Lower the ladder prop so you can jump in the ladder and then in the concrete?

[​IMG]

You can build inside blu spawn

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For some reason, if you jump here, you're stuck in the ceiling.

[​IMG]

There is a random trigger in the floor. idk for what is

[​IMG]

Nobuild this door frame too
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 3
  13. StealthDrifter

StealthDrifter L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I have some ideas for the map. Hope you will like them.
    1. At the end of the map make the C.A.R.T. shoot and blow a ammo storage or ammo factory.
    2. At the minefield make it a DEATHfield, with mortars that shoot and blow the players there. (Because Muselk shown that a engie can pass the mines, and start trolling.)
    3. In the city make some doorframes or what are them called look like a blown part of a wall, so the map will look more realistic. Here is a image:
    [​IMG]
    (Hope you got the idea, also SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH)
    4. MAYBE, make the Blu spawn look like a armored version of the Higgins Boat so players can't spawncamp.
    (here is a image of a higgins boat with some information) #TF2_DDay :)
    [​IMG]

Hope something of my ideas will be added. But say to other people those ideas so the community is very much involved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gabe Noodle from Volvo

Gabe Noodle from Volvo L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    @Darren I reported most of the issues with building in unintended areas during the test last night.

15. SmashWaffle

SmashWaffle L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    how did you get the sandbags to work? Every time I put those up, I get errors...

16. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I made a lot of requests during my development to help them flesh out the theme. As for size, it was more the other way around. Stuff like the sandbags have been placed in the map since really early versions of the map, I just replaced them with brushwork for testing. But ultimately I built the geometry around how the sandbags fit rather than having them fit the sandbags to the geometry. If that makes sense...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. HolySnickerPuffs

aa HolySnickerPuffs Bad at TF2, Loves Mapping For TF2

Positive Ratings:
    You might need to reinstall the pack. They shouldn't do that, as you can probably guess.

18. Drewerth

Drewerth L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I don't forum often. Oops.

Not sure if this was suggested/posted before or not but this area could use a few playerclips because I noticed that while playing I could easily get stuck on one of the corners when trying to backtrack during an enemy push. You can easily get out of the corner but newer players on the map might not have as much fun when they get caught on the frame.

A clip could either be done like I drew here or you could just place angled ones on the corners, I don't know.

19. Viemärirotta

aa Viemärirotta sniffer

Positive Ratings:
    Those pickups look cleaner if they were aligned with the door.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    • Funny Funny x 6