Competitive Matchmaking Discussion

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
The amount you go up or down should def take rank difference into account, ie if you beat people of higher rank itshould go up a lot but if you lose to people of higher rank it shouldnt go down too much

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
The report system needs to improve a METRIC TON

Current issues:
  • I have no idea if anyone ever suffers negative consequences from being reported. Lain's simpsons reference is 100% on point. I think this is the biggest issue buuuut:
  • Rest of team decide to do a joke run (arriving in a server with 5 medics) You are forced to either see it through and accept the hit to your ranking, or abandon and get punished. There seems no good way of telling the system that you've just been fucked over. (similar issue when the search decides to put you in a 300+ ping server, you're unable to leave without taking a penalty)
  • Racism, sexism and general douchbaggery is everywhere. I do NOT want to be playing against anyone spouting off any of this crap and there's no appropriate tag for the report button.
  • The drawing is anonymous which is baaaaaad, I've seen swastikas, a million penises, homophobic and racist slurs. It's bad. We either HAVE to police this shit, or it has got to go.
  • We need a system to report players who are just taking the piss. Instantly "sorry no sound" or being drunk, or AFK players. I know It's a stress test, but this stuff isn't going to go away once it goes live properly, it's just going to get worse. MM should be welcoming for new players, but not players dicking around

Many instances that would normally be solved with a votekick, are now impossible to fix.

The GC should be able to put solo players into servers after an abandoner leaves

Scenario:
Abandoner leaves before round starts

What happens now:
We all "oh fuck's sake" leave and rejoin queue

What should happen:

The GC just serves up another player.

Scenario:
Abandoner leaves after a round starts

What happens now:
We all "oh fuck's sake" angrily, leave and rejoin queue really pissed that someone wasted our time

What should happen:

The round pauses, calls a vote "Bring in new player and restart round or call it quits" If all 5 of the team missing a player vote to bring in a new one, the GC brings in a new player and that round restarts.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Hey Valve, could you not make my flame particles look like I'm running DX8? That'd be great.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
That has nothing to do with matchmaking?? Also I'm pretty sure that's your computer, not valve
Well, it is Valve, actually. Their configs on the matchmaking servers they have so the game looks a certain way have something to do with that. On non-matchmaking servers it's fine, that is, after I restart the game. Their config apparently keeps on doing its work even after leaving the matchmaking server. Same with the HUD: if I left matchmaking after ending a match on a KOTH map the matchmaking KOTH timer stays with me no matter what server I'm on (running a KOTH map that is). It can be fixed by doing a hud_reloadscheme command.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
It is Valve, their configs on the matchmaking servers have something to do with that. On non-matchmaking servers it's fine, that is, after I restart the game. Their config apparently keeps on doing its work even after leaving the matchmaking server. Same with the HUD: if I left matchmaking after ending a match on a KOTH map the matchmaking KOTH timer stays with me no matter what server I'm on. It can be fixed by doing a hud_reloadscheme command.

If you could say that in a less rude-sounding way, we'd appreciate that.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
bu8LgBA.png

If possible, disabling these for MM would be nice (you can't use them anyways).

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
Does anyone else have unusually low fps only during matchmaking? It's not an issue anywhere else

Edit: Yeah, vel0city's right, the configs seem to linger after leaving matchmaking too. The poor fps carried over into every other server i joined.

Last edited:

Cobo

L1: Registered
Apr 7, 2016
I feel like the toxicness/ meanness of some players will come in when mm is released out of beta, and ranks are used.

I've already noticed some of the more toxic people. Maybe not during the stress tests but the Beta Pass I have been using left me speechless with hate. I'm not sure if it is due to me playing at 3 in the morning or my lack of skill but it does generate hate towards weaker players. It's only in beta and people seem to be screaming for winning instead of trying to give feed back and trying to solve problems. It is crazy.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
For what it's worth, CS:GO's playerbase got worse when it went out of beta.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
For what it's worth, CS:GO's playerbase got worse when it went out of beta.
I noticed it too. When the beta passes weren't distributed yet and the only way for non-competitive playing people to get in was via the stress tests everybody wanted to play a good round and leave feedback. Now that the passes are out and everybody and their mom can play the dedication of people took a nosedive. I've had 5 matches in a row ending prematurely because one or more people left the match near the end of the round because they were losing.