The Frontline! Community Project - 1.2 IS LIVE!

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
V 1.1 of the Frontline Supply Drop is almost ready for launch! We're going to be running it through some quality assurance and making sure everything is good for a public release before we go live in the next day or so.

Thank you for your continually strong support of the project!

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Neat! Hey, I found another little issue yesterday:

1743DA8C91A698D1EA042DD7F8AA44DD025EF0CB

This bike's wheels receive decals in the parts that are transparent. Since pretty much the whole thing is a thin frame, you could probably get away with just applying $nodecal to the whole model if there isn't a more elegant solution.

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Neat! Hey, I found another little issue yesterday:

1743DA8C91A698D1EA042DD7F8AA44DD025EF0CB

This bike's wheels receive decals in the parts that are transparent. Since pretty much the whole thing is a thin frame, you could probably get away with just applying $nodecal to the whole model if there isn't a more elegant solution.

Fixed! Thanks for the heads up!

B!scuit

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 12, 2016
I found i got trapped in the lower bowl of prop_fountain_big and had to crouch jump multiple times to escape. Also the LoD changes right at the peak of a scout's double jump over the top of the fountain.
I think just lowering the bottom of the top bowl in the collision model would fix the first issue (I'm not sure if the LoD is just my settings)

Tuaam

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 26, 2015
Wait, is the update out allready?

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
fl_banner_2.jpg

The largest community asset pack to date just got bigger!

When Frontline! first went live, two things happened. One, the team all fell off the face of the earth to get caught up on sleep, television, and vacation time - and two, the community asked for more. After all this time, we’re finally crawling out of the foxholes we dug ourselves to make good on those community requests we promised to tackle.

Whether it be minor issues like LOD changes or clipping issues, or larger requests like modularity and competitive-friendly scaling, we’ve taken on quite a few of the requests from all over the Team Fortress 2 contributing community. Alongside optimizations and fixes to existing content, we’ve also added a total of 157 additional asset options, bringing the total Frontline asset count to 1,685 community-created items. All this while having a total smaller filesize than our initial launch release!

Here’s a full changelog of what you can see in Frontline v1.1!

- Reduced overall file size. (For more optimization, don’t pack unused skins in your map.)

- Added half-height trench walls, as well as taller versions.

- Added modular awnings.

- Added overlays for larger patches of leaves (and larger patches of birch leaves).

- Added larger variants of the trees (and birch trees)

- Added additional animations for tank_animated and helicopter variants.

- Added mine_naval_anchored, gibs both the mine and chain.

- Added Bomb_naval and Bomb_naval_trio. Re-uses existing torpedo textures.

- Separated tank.mdl into 2 mdls, so that the turret can now be rotated.

All previous placed tank.mdls will need a tank_turret.mdl positioned on top of them.

- Fixed sorting on tree skycards (and birch tree skycards).

- Fixed a small hole in the Tugboat mesh.

- Added more modular hedge pieces, including a larger door, window, 4-way pieces, and more lengths.

- Fixed lods for tank_animated.mdl.

- Fixed helicopter propeller animations not playing correctly.

- Fixed prop_delivery_bike so the spoke material doesn't receive decals.

- Fixed prop_fountain_big collision mesh, and changed LOD distances.

- Added alternate light settings for sky_twilight_01, as seen in koth_toto.

In addition to our own work, the community has also been strong on their own respective fronts too! Since launch, our Steam group has grown to over 4,000 members and we couldn’t be happier to have each and every one of you interested in the project! With all the community involvement, the official Frontline Collection on the Steam Workshop has grown to become the top-rated collection of all time for Team Fortress 2! With 172 items - and counting - we couldn’t be more proud of the contributing community and their valiant efforts! It all goes without saying that we couldn’t have done any of this without the community’s support and participation - and we look forward to continue working with all of you to better the project and make this the best we possibly can for the Team Fortress 2 community as a whole!

As for what to expect in the future, we’re always willing to take on more requests from the community to better our assets for everyone, as well as taking on brand new assets altogether. For instance, we plan on developing expansions to the pack which will broaden the theme’s horizons, in more ways than one. Assets revolving around jungle warfare, naval combat, and the African front are all a glimpse of what we have planned for the future, and we hope you’re as excited as we are to put the global back in global thermonuclear war!

Until next time, get out there and keep fighting the good fight, troops!

Click here to download v1.1

frontline.tf

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
I feel like mappers should be required to have the frontline assets packed into their maps in order for them to be accepted into the collection on the steam workshop.

Ses_Chaser

L1: Registered
Sep 3, 2016
Is there some where I can possibly download your maps, ive subbed to almost every map ive seen, and so far none of them are showing up in SFM. even with a restart of sfm and my computer...Im still new to SFM. So Im probably doing something wrong haha.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
SFM can't load repacked maps and damn near every frontline map is repacked because it's filesize would be astronomical otherwise

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Is there some where I can possibly download your maps, ive subbed to almost every map ive seen, and so far none of them are showing up in SFM. even with a restart of sfm and my computer...Im still new to SFM. So Im probably doing something wrong haha.
Assuming you mean subbed on the TF2 workshop, you should download them off of the site instead & un-repack them (there should be a tutorial around here for that somewhere).

Ramy

Jun 14, 2016
is there any server made up for the frontline project ? I want to test it

C:/hdata

Dec 21, 2015
I feel like mappers should be required to have the frontline assets packed into their maps in order for them to be accepted into the collection on the steam workshop.

I agree. I can't run a frontline server because of this.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FrontlineProject/discussions/0/343785574516447878/

At the very least I wish they'd make versions with the stuff packed in the map or something so I can run them live for others to join and playtest. Like trenchfoot and avalanche do.

Everyone on workshop keeps mentioning usage of the "map" console command... that tells me that they're all only doing offline testing. It's good and all for designing the map or for a single person who wants to just look at it alone, but people need to consider this stuff will be played on live servers.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009

Wait, so people are submitting workshop maps without the custom content included? What the hell.

C:/hdata

Dec 21, 2015
Wait, so people are submitting workshop maps without the custom content included? What the hell.

Yes, most of them are like that. They don't work unless clients install the pack client side or if the server forces everyone who joins to download all of it.