CP Snowplow Final Version

A Journey fraught with difficulties

1. RaVaGe

aa RaVaGe

Positive Ratings:
    That train is REALLY waaay too small, I think it breaks the proportion of the map. :>

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR 水素臭い

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

3. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    Solution: Make the map tiny. Problem solved.

Notes: Control points are shiny discs inside hazard tape that give the owner the deeds to a property, that can only be won in thirty minutes or less by assembling a team of nine killers and attacking them.
    Intelligence is just intelligence on the enemy's intelligence. Capturing their intelligence tells you about your intelligence.
    Summary: TF2 does not make sense.

4. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    So... if this new rubber ducky swimming pool crate is hinting that it's an EotL crate... are you going to have this map fully finalized and detailed in a week? :p

EDIT - Nevermind, looks like it's not the EotL crate:

[​IMG]

Damn, I was looking forward to nagging Frozen and making him sweat.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  5. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR 水素臭い

Positive Ratings:
    There. ~depth~

[​IMG]

Just, for you.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
  7. Spacek531

Spacek531 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Don't just do a snowplow, go Jordan Spreader for maximum overdrive snowplow:

[​IMG]

8. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR 水素臭い

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys,

So by now you have probably seen the End of the Line Update release over at TF2.com. If you haven't you totally need to right now, just click here and your browser will be wisped off to the pure awesome that the update is. If you're still reading this, and you haven't seen the update, warning, there are spoilers from the film and the update ahead.

You will have noticed that the map is not part of the update page. This is because it is not officially part of the shipped update. On Novemeber 13th, YM and I found out that the map was cut from the update. The reason given was that Valve felt it was 'too confusing and challenging for new players.' What that exactly means, we have no idea. That being said, we're able to publically release the map for you guys, along with all the awesome assets that were created for it. We've bundled everything up into a single pack - “The End of the Line Prop Pack” which you can download below.

Tim and I will continue to update the map when it's needed.

Tim and I would like to extend our thanks out to all the testers of the “End of the Testing” steam group and the public testers who came out to play the map when the map went into the public testing phase. We'd also like to thank the film team for their time in creating all the custom map assets and particles. Finally, we'd like to give our biggest thanks to James McVinnie, who started and lead the whole End of the Line Update. Without him, this map would have not have been made.

We'll be having the map up on a couple of our servers 24/7 for a little while, so you can all get a chance to play the map.

• Thanks Thanks x 44
  9. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    That's rather fair. The map was always fairly confusing just because it's a/d cp but it really doesn't feel like it? Hard to tell how much time you have left and whatnot. It's a shame it's not in, but alas, what can ya say.

Nice try guys! You made a good looking map and a cool gamemode with it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR 水素臭い

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 12
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  11. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think it's very fair. Weren't you approached by Valve to make the map in the first place? Seems wrong that they would commission you to spend hours making a map just to cut it when you finish.

I didn't think it was very confusing anyway, it's just like learning any other gamemode, but this time it's not a completely new concept since it just combines standard A/D and payload.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  12. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    It's a sad day for custom mapping.

Valve hasn't added a single custom map this year and denied a map that they themselves were giving feedback. Their expectations are impossibly high.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  13. theharribokid

aa theharribokid

Positive Ratings:
    No, they were not approached by Valve. Cuntsman asked me to get a hold of someone to make a map for the project who I thought could do it on behalf of McVee and i poked YM about it.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  14. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Ouch, shame about it not being included... but great job anyhow. The film is amazing too.

15. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    I can't accept "too confusing" as the reason. Not after the mode was streamlined down to regular A/D. Not when the more complicated rd_asteroid (and pl_cactuscanyon's last stage) are being developed by Valve right now.

Maybe the rest of the update being a letdown too makes me more unhappy about this than I should be

• Thanks Thanks x 10
  16. Nerdbot

Nerdbot L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    To me it's more like this is a tipping point about the general lack of care Valve has shown towards community mapping. I could accept them not wanting the map if there hasn't been this horrendous drought in maps in general. Turning this down just feels stupid of them to do.

The bumper cars sucked, Valve.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  17. MystycCheez

MystycCheez L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    If the map was confusing, why didn't the valve testers tell us? Fuck them, get them fired.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  18. radarhead

aa radarhead Hands out ratings like cheap cigars

Positive Ratings:
    "Too confusing" my ass. What about "Standin" the supposed "best map we've seen"? Confusing as hell, and difficult, too.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  19. umbratile

aa umbratile deer

Positive Ratings:
    I think the gamemode could've made more sense, but there's no point going into that. Valve fucked you over majorly and I'm really sorry to hear that. You guys clearly put in a ton of work and given how much the TF2 community seems to dig your map, you deserve to be proud of that. I hope you get the compensation you deserve in one form or another.

• Thanks Thanks x 8
  20. Another Bad Pun

Server Staff Another Bad Pun Bird

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry.