WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
looks rly nice although the spawn exits dont look like spawn exits so it feels like you just put a locker in a random detail scene

RodionJenga

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 24, 2015
Still need to add a few hundred more spires to the skybox, but I like the way this intel room / spawn room is looking so far

2016-02-07_00002.jpg

Aug 2, 2015
pl map coming along, although i may have overscaled the back building :psyduck:
eJcelJk.png

edit: nope! i didn't overscale that back building! :jimijam:

Last edited:

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
MEpbBOe.png

Still gray, still gay, but coming along nicely I guess.

Though seriously, like fuck that is gray. Probably do something about those roofs, or something. I don't know, just find something to not make it 200% gray

Shogun

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 31, 2014
I'd suggest making your roofs (is it rooves?) a separate brush instead of just applying the texture to a flat brush face.

As for the color, I don't know if you'd have to ask permission of the Bulletcrops people to do this, but maybe edit the texture so it's a ruddy reddish brown? Like this:

Attachments

• would you look at those rooves oh damn.JPG
    would you look at those rooves oh damn.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 252

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
I'd suggest making your roofs (is it rooves?) a separate brush instead of just applying the texture to a flat brush face.

As for the color, I don't know if you'd have to ask permission of the Bulletcrops people to do this, but maybe edit the texture so it's a ruddy reddish brown? Like this:
I would love to do that, but I'm not sure if I can edit the Bulletcrops textures without permission, I'll go and check.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Whoops, I'm making another new game mode for April Fools day. This one's got a custom HUD:
5d1f2b72ec.jpg

Let's see who can guess what it means!

Hold the point, generate (x), get 300 (x)s to win.

You made an algebra problem into a TF2 map. Good job.

Aug 30, 2015
First iteration of my sad little attempt at a spawn-room contest entrant: a humble spare room inspired by CP_Gorge
Detail A1 Compressed.jpg

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Whoops, I'm making another new game mode for April Fools day. This one's got a custom HUD:
-snip-
Let's see who can guess what it means!
RED has to score a certain number of kills while defending a single control point.

Jusa

aa
May 28, 2013
MEpbBOe.png

Still gray, still gay, but coming along nicely I guess.

Though seriously, like fuck that is gray. Probably do something about those roofs, or something. I don't know, just find something to not make it 200% gray
maybe make the buildings a bit higher and make the top parts out of wood/plaster wall.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Basically, I'm don't think the Maritime theme is going to work with my map. So, I've restarted the detailing.

10G6InQ.png

HYHmdi9.png

It's still leaning towards gray, but I'm hoping I can end up using that to my advantage, and make a really cool looking map.

Bull

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 30, 2011
Slowly pushing forward on my map, nearing the final checkpoint for my new payload project

XkrBEcN.jpg

Luigi1000

L2: Junior Member
Dec 12, 2015
Hold the point, generate (x), get 300 (x)s to win.

You made an algebra problem into a TF2 map. Good job.

I'm probably leaning towards Holy's answer also, if It were just to hold the point for X amount of time, the KOTH timers would be more suited for it.

This reminds me of something like the old idea for domination where one holds control points which would build up a certain amount of percentage overtime and the more points they held the faster they incremented. It will be interesting to see what comes out around then.