WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
It looks good, but the disparity between the tiles with clear water and then everything above that being dirty is really weird. Dirt should be everywhere, or things should be cleaner as you move up. There's no way that all the dirt would just stop above the water. Simply using a different water texture could be enough, but you might need something else or a slight re-detail of the tile parts or something, idk.

That's a pretty good point. I'll either try and make the tiles dirtier, or change to a dirty texture (as well as making the water murkier).

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I think you'd probably benefit from trying to make a custom texture using the tiles and some photoshop dirt or something. That'd probably look best, short of just rethinking how you want it to look.

Shogun

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 31, 2014
This is both WIP and help related, so I thought I'd post it here as opposed to starting a new thread. I'm working on a 2CP map that I might finally release a working version of.

http://i.imgur.com/WFm5GiR.jpg

What's causing this black shadow across the seam of the 2 displacements to the bottom right of this pic? They're sewn together and everything.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
This is both WIP and help related, so I thought I'd post it here as opposed to starting a new thread. I'm working on a 2CP map that I might finally release a working version of.

http://i.imgur.com/WFm5GiR.jpg

What's causing this black shadow across the seam of the 2 displacements to the bottom right of this pic? They're sewn together and everything.

Pro tip: When posting an image, use [IMG-] tags (without the -) around the URL. For example...

[IMG-]http://i.imgur.com/WFm5GiR.jpg[/IMG-] without the -'s would produce...

WFm5GiR.jpg

Shogun

Jan 31, 2014
Thanks Kube, I completely forgot about that. I made some more [minimal] progress, but I like the way the map is taking shape so far. I fixed the black line too. Sorry for the spam :p

70nDcE9.jpg

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Thanks Kube, I completely forgot about that. I made some more [minimal] progress, but I like the way the map is taking shape so far. I fixed the black line too. Sorry for the spam :p

70nDcE9.jpg

Why does the telephone wire connect to the mining reel thingy?

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
"@whoever said > "Then why are you using Mann Co logos?"
Because they add a little detail and help the place seem more real. And also because the theme (on red's side) is a cross between soho and manhattan and manahttan had manco stuff all over the place.

As for detail, its a ctf map, and engies are going to be sitting in the intel room being bored, so I put a little extra effort into making sure that both intel rooms are fucking dope.

I hadn't considered the gameplay implications of the detailing though, I'll look into it.

Shogun

Jan 31, 2014
Why does the telephone wire connect to the mining reel thingy?

It's going to be connected to another telephone pole in the background, and I guess the idea was that the wire should be supported by something else or it would sag too low irl.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
"@whoever said > "Then why are you using Mann Co logos?"
Because they add a little detail and help the place seem more real. And also because the theme (on red's side) is a cross between soho and manhattan and manahttan had manco stuff all over the place.

This was exactly my point. Mannhattan is an MVM map, so it makes sense there to use Mann Co stuff. If the teams are fighting each other though, it doesn't. You can easily use other assets, and since there's no blue Mann Co stuff you'll have to do that anyway eventually. Ultimately it's your call, but I think it dilutes the value and ignores the purpose of the Mann Co assets if you use so heavily in a regular map.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
This was exactly my point. Mannhattan is an MVM map, so it makes sense there to use Mann Co stuff. If the teams are fighting each other though, it doesn't. You can easily use other assets, and since there's no blue Mann Co stuff you'll have to do that anyway eventually. Ultimately it's your call, but I think it dilutes the value and ignores the purpose of the Mann Co assets if you use so heavily in a regular map.

I agree with you, but:

hIljdvN.jpg

:conwayshrug:

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
I think it makes sense because manco existed before mvm ... they didnt put up the signs just cause grey mann appeared.

Manhatten has manco signs because its a commercial area, that advertises and sells things (to who ... idk), the area here is similar.

(blu side is detailed differently (spytech/lab), so I dont have any manco assets over there)

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
The thing is, Mann Co is a completely neutral entity.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
i like the notion of having a kerosene lantern underneath a pile of hay

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Just have the entire building catch fire mid round and burn down.

Last edited: