WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Moonfixer

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 23, 2014
It looks great Aman! But perhaps a bit overscaled. If you use the control point as a reference then the entire area looks pretty large. But I love the height differences and your inside areas look interesting. Reminds me a lot of koth_king.

Thank you. I will work on the scaling. Also I'm happy that the map reminds you of Koth_king because aesthetically that is what half of this map is supposed to be going for. The other half being aesthetically reminiscent to foundry perhaps.

Spipper

Former cheese man Gorgonzola
aa
Feb 18, 2012
Doing a bit of detailing on Red's spawn:
jtiTTSe.jpg

GhlOJiV.jpg

The Future Of Pollution:
UEXb47M.jpg

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
That looks great :eek: Could you try stronger, more directional environment lighting though? Either that or turn down the env brightness and use more spotlights, right now the lighting looks a bit flat and uninteresting.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Looks awesome! Don't forget to slap on a big team logo somewhere: the hallmark of all great base facades.

Spipper

Former cheese man Gorgonzola
aa
Feb 18, 2012
That looks great :eek: Could you try stronger, more directional environment lighting though? Either that or turn down the env brightness and use more spotlights, right now the lighting looks a bit flat and uninteresting.

Rotated the light to face the facade, rather than the backside, brightened the env lighting and lowered the ambient and shadow lighting to emphasize the shadows:
BTGawdU.jpg

Already looks a lot better. Thanks for the suggestion.

Oct 6, 2008
Hey Berry - map looks nice but that first image is off.

You have high ground on the concrete and an almost full sewer - it might look more natural if the ground was lower - or keep it the same but make the sewer lower dirt lower - it's unusual to see the sewer ground the same height as the surrounding ground.

Dr. Sasha

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 5, 2013
Very nice-looking geometry, Captain Clam.

May I suggest you use for the two curved 'pillars' in front of the building to use a white concrete texture instead of the blue one used before it? It would add texture variation and look much more Valve-like

radarhead

Basically? Kind of a Huge Mess
aa
Mar 6, 2013
Very nice-looking geometry, Captain Clam.

May I suggest you use for the two curved 'pillars' in front of the building to use a white concrete texture instead of the blue one used before it? It would add texture variation and look much more Valve-like

Sounds cool. I'll try it.

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
Maybe add a line of blue somewhere through that plaster of white, just to give it variation.

RubbishyUser

L7: Fancy Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, I think it needs an additional overlay sign somewhere. And something is definitely up with that roof, but we can't really see it from this angle.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
It's a roof. What isn't up with it?

In all seriousness, though, you seem to have an angled roof that's textured in the same basic blue as the wall; it's a little weird.

Sheltr

L3: Member
Feb 24, 2011
So I started working on a new map which at first was going to be an arena map. but ended up being a mid for a CP map.
f0f7ddfc19.jpg

623af363bf.jpg

da81e3baf8.jpg