WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
1zok9qh.png

Some lighting changes to Comannications....

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
[gfycat]CandidDisfiguredElver[/gfycat]
New Jump pads for Nikori!
The hitbox is smaller, making falling onto it a breeze to get off.
Jumping up is mandatory
Couch jumping works as well (they were the dain of my existence)

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Also, "couch jumping." I am excited for koth_tomcruise.

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Last edited by a moderator:

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
[gfycat]WhichMelodicDromaeosaur[/gfycat]
Thoughts on this so far?

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
It looks a bit distracting just based on that clip, but who knows, it might be fine in game.

I get where you're going with those pulsing clouds, but they do look weird if you watch them too long.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
The mist should be a lot less common, and maybe a bit slower. Either that, or more consistent, rather than dramatically pulsating. The rest looks fine.

EDIT: just noticed that there's some longer streaks of rain mixed in too. The fact that they're longer seems to imply that they'd move faster than the other rain drops, but they actually move slower? Kinda strange.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Incredible slow-gress artpassing Mudwater B.

iie1qqW.jpg

NqPER9q.jpg

It's only a fast so there's some quality issues in those pics probably.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Looks really nice, Berry; I love the colors. You should bring some of the green from the out of bounds areas into the gameplay area with some small plants - look at how Hydro does its foliage.

Also, more chimneys.

EDIT: Maybe some dirt overlays under the water to show it a bit better?

Another Bad Pun

In the shadows, he saw four eyes lit by fire
aa
Jan 15, 2011
I would put some gutters on your roofs, like on dustbowl stage 3 (in some areas you could make your roofs more interesting in general, dustbowl has some crazy stuff going on its roofs. and it makes them look really neat.) That being said, the flat roof style is nice.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
I would put some gutters on your roofs, like on dustbowl stage 3 (in some areas you could make your roofs more interesting in general, dustbowl has some crazy stuff going on its roofs. and it makes them look really neat.) That being said, the flat roof style is nice.

Honestly I've barely started detailing compared to what I want the B to be complete, and the left building in screenshot #2 has a gutter (I haven't gotten around to putting the rest on yet).

As for stuff on the roofs, I do think some metal sheets and tires could certainly make things better like dustbowl, or even just plain missing tiles.

Looks really nice, Berry; I love the colors. You should bring some of the green from the out of bounds areas into the gameplay area with some small plants - look at how Hydro does its foliage.

Also, more chimneys.

EDIT: Maybe some dirt overlays under the water to show it a bit better?

Same again about the detail, but yeah, more chimneys, stuff going on with the roofs + the foliage and dirt overlays to show the puddle more all sound like good ideas.

Inqwel

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 2, 2008
In addition to whats been said, that second picture with the 4 pipes all in a row: add a little variation to the heights.

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
It looks great Aman! But perhaps a bit overscaled. If you use the control point as a reference then the entire area looks pretty large. But I love the height differences and your inside areas look interesting. Reminds me a lot of koth_king.