Our servers are now running a Steam Workshop rotation, if you'd like your map to be considered for inclusion on our rotation, post in the rotation discussion thread

Or, if you just want to play some of the best community maps the Workshop has to offer, you can join our servers by clicking these links:

UEAKCrash's 2016 April Fools' Day Mini-Contest!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Crash, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    As requested, here's a list of all the maps featured in the event and their authors:
    *'s will not be judge for the event, as per request.

If I missed any contributors, let me know and I can edit this.

• Thanks Thanks x 6
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  2. Mikroscopic

aa Mikroscopic

Positive Ratings:
    Meme machine, kaboom, and variousartists are definitely my top 3.

What order? I have no idea.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan not a furry

Positive Ratings:
    I personally really liked AF_rapture, but there were so many people working on it that it's quality was pretty expected. It also isn't "jokey" like other april fools map, it's just a really solid and fun map to play (mann_shaft is a good example of the heart of a "joke map", imo)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Yrr

aa Yrr An Actual Deer

Positive Ratings:
    Presidents is the winner imo

What a map

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Mikroscopic

aa Mikroscopic

Positive Ratings:
    I still think rapture is more fit for a serious map; I see it as something that could be developed further and possibly be added to the game in some sort of future update.

Mann shaft seemed a bit too generic to me, like it was trying to be too many things at once. I liked the three I picked because they took an idea and ran with it.

6. TyeZenneth

TyeZenneth L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    To me, Meme Machine is a perfect example of an April Fools map, and Presidents is a perfect example of a good April Fools map.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. The Siphon

The Siphon L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Good luck everyone!

8. Whomobile

Whomobile L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Can't wait for the videos to come, I've been looking at a few of the maps submitted and they're great.

9. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy sweetheart

Positive Ratings:
    My current top four maps:

1. dom_presidents
    2. pd_meme_machine
    3. koth_variousartists
    4. cp_floorislava

So far they're the only maps that have genuinely made me laugh

EDIT: Also pls_payloadspam gets an honourable mention 'cos although it wasn't funny, the gamemode was cool and I wanna see more of it

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  10. DrLambda

aa DrLambda L69: Teeheehee, Member

Positive Ratings:
    I really like koth_leveled....

Nah, in all seriousness, i really liked Rapture, Presidents and Meme Machine, those are probably my favorites.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  11. Werewolf

aa Werewolf Probably not a real Werewolf

Positive Ratings:
    I know it wont count towards the contest, but I updated my entry (koth_working_class) to B2, and while people are still in the 'foolish' mood, would people be up for giving it a few test plays?

At the end of the day, no matter how well it fairs in the contest, I still want to put my map out there so it can be enjoyed in the future.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan not a furry

Positive Ratings:
    I really enjoy the concept but thought I lot could be improved... I would be interested in seeing what you changed!

13. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry @14bit but I'm going to have to disqualify re_terminal due to a bug that causes a lot of players to crash from the game. I didn't personally, but the map practically wipes the server whenever it's up and cannot be tested properly. Always a bummer for something like that to happen. :/

To everyone else, I've tested all the maps now and just need to sit down and write up/ compile the results!

edit: wait no I missed one, crap

14. Whomobile

Whomobile L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Played my map again last night and noticed one of the conveyors go the wrong way :eek:.

Th.. Thats totally a feature and intended to be there.

15. Davekillerish

aa Davekillerish Lvl 1: Respectfully Disagree'd Member

Positive Ratings:
    @Crash is this not your story?

16. RodionJenga

RodionJenga L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm actually not sure if I saw any maps from previous years at all this month, besides chiron's update.

Also, vids when?

17. DrLambda

aa DrLambda L69: Teeheehee, Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is there a download for all the maps? I realized i haven't played a few of them.

18. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    We have this up currently. But it might be a bit out of date now. EU/ US servers are still running them in rotation through the weekend, though!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  19. Melvin D Engineere

Melvin D Engineere L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    As always, I will try to get as many recordings/videos of this year's joke maps as possible. But it will take some time as I format them in 1080p, 60 fps via the source recorder and exporting the demo via the startmovie command from the console commands.

If there is a particular version you want me to showcase or if you want your map skipped altogether, please let me know in a PM. Someone requested me to use a specific version of their map, and I want to present everyone else the same opportunity.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  20. Werewolf

aa Werewolf Probably not a real Werewolf

Positive Ratings:
    Well if you have any recordings of koth_working_class_b2 then use that, but b1 was the version I entered into the contest.