UEAKCrash's 2016 April Fools' Day Mini-Contest!

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
As requested, here's a list of all the maps featured in the event and their authors:
arena_samurai_duel - Corvatile
koth_nyan_b1 - Adam Wolfe (tf2)
ctf_crowbar_r1 - iiboharz
pl_hooood_a1 - YM
koth_twofortflooded - Star☆
cp_spacepirates_rc1 - Diva Dan
koth_leveled_v1 - DrLambda
koth_the_vortex_rc1 - The Lorax
koth_bismuth_a1 - simon450 *
arena_bandit_a5 - TyeZenneth
pls_payloadspam_a1r - takabuschik
ctf_corvasfirstmap - Corvatile *
ctf_unintelligence - Mikroscopic
koth_conveyor - Whomobile
koth_working_class_b1 - Werewolf
pd_meme_machine_b1 - NickTF
cp_mann_shaft_a02 - Egan
re_terminal_a1 - 14bit * (disqualified due to crashing issue)
cp_floorislava_b1 - Oatmeal
koth_kaboom_a4 - caljay
af_rapture_b1 - Yrr, Muddy, Corvatile, Exactol, Seba, UEAKCarnage
koth_prettysawlit_a5b - FrostHoneyJuice
dom_presidents_a1 - killohurtz and soosh
arena_2016 - Another Bad Pun
ctf_supermarket_a1 - Nighttime71
pl_girllightninghillhouse - WorldMaster
cp_recloak_a2 - RodionJenga
koth_chiron_tl34_a2 - killohurtz *
arena_polochus_a1 - Tumbolisu/ Darren *
koth_variousartists_rc2 - Bakscratch *

*'s will not be judge for the event, as per request.

If I missed any contributors, let me know and I can edit this.

Last edited:

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
Meme machine, kaboom, and variousartists are definitely my top 3.

What order? I have no idea.

I personally really liked AF_rapture, but there were so many people working on it that it's quality was pretty expected. It also isn't "jokey" like other april fools map, it's just a really solid and fun map to play (mann_shaft is a good example of the heart of a "joke map", imo)

Jul 26, 2015
I still think rapture is more fit for a serious map; I see it as something that could be developed further and possibly be added to the game in some sort of future update.

Mann shaft seemed a bit too generic to me, like it was trying to be too many things at once. I liked the three I picked because they took an idea and ran with it.

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
To me, Meme Machine is a perfect example of an April Fools map, and Presidents is a perfect example of a good April Fools map.

Whomobile

L2: Junior Member
Feb 28, 2016
Can't wait for the videos to come, I've been looking at a few of the maps submitted and they're great.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
My current top four maps:

1. dom_presidents
2. pd_meme_machine
3. koth_variousartists
4. cp_floorislava

So far they're the only maps that have genuinely made me laugh

EDIT: Also pls_payloadspam gets an honourable mention 'cos although it wasn't funny, the gamemode was cool and I wanna see more of it

Last edited:

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
I know it wont count towards the contest, but I updated my entry (koth_working_class) to B2, and while people are still in the 'foolish' mood, would people be up for giving it a few test plays?

At the end of the day, no matter how well it fairs in the contest, I still want to put my map out there so it can be enjoyed in the future.

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
I know it wont count towards the contest, but I updated my entry (koth_working_class) to B2, and while people are still in the 'foolish' mood, would people be up for giving it a few test plays?

At the end of the day, no matter how well it fairs in the contest, I still want to put my map out there so it can be enjoyed in the future.

I really enjoy the concept but thought I lot could be improved... I would be interested in seeing what you changed!

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Sorry @14bit but I'm going to have to disqualify re_terminal due to a bug that causes a lot of players to crash from the game. I didn't personally, but the map practically wipes the server whenever it's up and cannot be tested properly. Always a bummer for something like that to happen. :/

To everyone else, I've tested all the maps now and just need to sit down and write up/ compile the results!

edit: wait no I missed one, crap

Whomobile

L2: Junior Member
Feb 28, 2016
Played my map again last night and noticed one of the conveyors go the wrong way :eek:.

Th.. Thats totally a feature and intended to be there.

Melvin D Engineere

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 25, 2012
As always, I will try to get as many recordings/videos of this year's joke maps as possible. But it will take some time as I format them in 1080p, 60 fps via the source recorder and exporting the demo via the startmovie command from the console commands.

If there is a particular version you want me to showcase or if you want your map skipped altogether, please let me know in a PM. Someone requested me to use a specific version of their map, and I want to present everyone else the same opportunity.

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
If there is a particular version you want me to showcase or if you want your map skipped altogether, please let me know in a PM. Someone requested me to use a specific version of their map, and I want to present everyone else the same opportunity.
Well if you have any recordings of koth_working_class_b2 then use that, but b1 was the version I entered into the contest.