The Frontline! Community Project - 1.2 IS LIVE!

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
@Void @Crash can we have an updated download with at least a readme file in it very soon? Over the past 24 hours more than 15 people or so asked where to install what, generally first-time-posters.

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
A few days ago somebody mentioned in chat that a few textures use way too high compression, partially even with an unused alpha channel. I can't find it being mentioned in this thread so I guess I am doing that now:
Hey, some textures are uncompressed and have an unused alpha channel! You should fix that, as it can easily take up 10 MB for a single file.

Gooben2275

L1: Registered
Jul 21, 2016
How do I install the Supply Drop? I got a neat idea for a map (i'm not talented but I just wanna see how it ends up).

Simulacron

L-3: Simulated Member
aa
Feb 17, 2016

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
Tiny error in boat model
5K2y8O6.png

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Guys I just realized. Crash and no war trains? It's suspicious isn't it

War Pig

Jul 20, 2016
Hi guys! I'm brand new to mapping (I just started before yesterday after watching crashes tutorials and other videos) and I have a question. I'm working on a map, and eventually when it's in a playable state, my friend offered to try it on his server. Would the players have to download the "Supply Drop" to be able to see the props and textures?

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
Hi guys! I'm brand new to mapping (I just started before yesterday after watching crashes tutorials and other videos) and I have a question. I'm working on a map, and eventually when it's in a playable state, my friend offered to try it on his server. Would the players have to download the "Supply Drop" to be able to see the props and textures?
You have to pack the custom assets into .bsp file. CompilePal is easy tool for packing. Also VIDE can do it

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Just the ones used, although CompilePal also has the ability to restrict texture packing to only the skins you used as well (VIDE packs all the skins for any model you use, although you can remove some manually).

WorldMaster

Nov 17, 2015
While the pack is nice and all, the armoured car prop is remarkably similar to another war-based vehicle from that big vehicle pack. So much so that I just went and done this:

ejzwGVm.png

The Letter Before A

Cool Idiot
Jul 15, 2016
Hello I am an experienced map maker who has no drive
in need of a partner.
I am working on a 4-cp a/d map
Quote me if interested.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Hello I am an experienced map maker who has no drive
in need of a partner.
I am working on a 4-cp a/d map
Quote me if interested.

Hello I am a slightly-experienced mapper who has some drive.
I am interested.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
While the pack is nice and all, the armoured car prop is remarkably similar to another war-based vehicle from that big vehicle pack. So much so that I just went and done this:

ejzwGVm.png

The one included in Frontline is essentially the same model, just better scaling and a different turret! Don't worry, the original modeler is part of the team.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Hey @Crash ,@Void , there's a small problem with the default particle manifest. The YOURMAP_manifest.txt file should be renamed to YOURMAP_particles.txt. as it doesn't work in the current state because of this. The frontline_demo particle manifest is named correctly though.