The Frontline! Community Project - 1.2 IS LIVE!

nᵗʰSonata

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
To submit a map to this does it need to be really war themed or just make plenty use of the assets?

I was wondering this as well.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Great pack, i'll probably try to use it for my 72h jam map. I'm currently using my time before the jam starts to find out what looks good with what.

The only thing that i don't like that much is that the number of "color-coded" textures seems to be quite a bit lower than on other texture packs, which may make it a bit hard to figure out a way to tell players on which part of the map they are on symetrical maps. I haven't read all posts in this thread to see if someone already complained about it, but i wanted to throw it in anyway.

Have you had the chance to look through the Asset Zoo provided? It's available as frontline_tzu.vmf in the mapsrc folder of the pack. I feel after you take a look you will have a different opinion. If you still feel that way after browsing the zoo, I'd like to know what props you'd think would need adjusting. Thanks!

I was wondering this as well.

You're of course free to use the assets outside of a war-like environment or wherever you'd like! If your map ends up using a hefty amount of Frontline assets to create a war-like environment however, perhaps consider submitting it in the future!

But yes, to clarify, you aren't restricted to using these assets in a war-themed environment. Sunshine had early access to a handful of Frontline assets, but it is far from war-themed, for instance!

Last edited:

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
Have you had the chance to look through the Asset Zoo provided? It's available as frontline_tzu.vmf in the mapsrc folder of the pack. I feel after you take a look you will have a different opinion. If you still feel that way after browsing the zoo, I'd like to know what props you'd think would need adjusting. Thanks!

Sorry if my post was unclear - I'm not talking about the props, but rather the textures, specifically anything the bunker outside and medieval city parts. I'm also not saying that it's impossible to colorcode the map, but you have to get a bit more creative to make it obvious.
Per example, my first thought was "Well, the spawn buildings just have to be bunkers." I then tried to build some structures, using the red/blu trim textures, but the building still looks "grayer" than i'd like it too. I might be able to get away with using the adobe textures, which have colored variants. I'm still in the process of figuring out what to do, and i'll probably will figure it out by friday.

AlexCookie

Suspect of eating cookies alive
aa
Apr 21, 2016
My attempt to make something

9PWNRll.jpg

02WEo5O.jpg

OSRExb9.jpg

iMgGofJ.jpg

JHomY5f.jpg

3guUgam.jpg

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
When I finally finish this map and ship A1 out, can someone please remind me to change the defending/attacking tags every version?

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
So, @Void are there any control point models that have seen many battles? Worn down version, versions with missing pieces, etc.

Last edited:

KilogramHours

L1: Registered
Jul 15, 2016
I'm happy with how the end capture point for my PLR map is turning out.

EYOKz9Z.png

I've finished the foundation, now I'm adding in props to block sightlines and to overall add more flavor to the map. I need to workout what textures I should use and what the buildings actually are and how to differentiate them.

Also need to add things like bridges.

Last edited:

Dr. Scaphandre

L1: Registered
Jun 13, 2015
Hey guys, I need some help. I'm designing a CTF map based on trench warfare, but I need some ideas for layouts as I've never made a map before in my life. Could someone draw an ideal topdown so I have an idea of where to lay my trenches?