TF2M Migration Bugs

Yaki

aa
Sep 3, 2018
Formatting is bugged here in this thread:

Unsure if it's the forum or this thread.

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
This download has a tiny thumbnail like all the others, and a bigger thumbnail in the list of downloads, but there are no images in the carousel.

nesman

master of fast travel
aa
Jun 27, 2016
This download has a tiny thumbnail like all the others, and a bigger thumbnail in the list of downloads, but there are no images in the carousel.
When we migrated the plugin used for resource covers didn't transfer anything. we still have all the data we just need to understand how to insert it correctly.

nesman

master of fast travel
aa
Jun 27, 2016
XFA covers migrated. Let us know if something isn't right.

Formatting is bugged here in this thread:

Unsure if it's the forum or this thread.
Working on converting old BB code tables to the Xenforo built in system but it's taking a while.

Zeus

Not a Krusty Krab
aa
Oct 15, 2014
Bug: Text and buttons are shifted off the menu window of the "Manage Cover" feature when you add more than one picture
1645073986860.png

How to reproduce: Open "Manage Covers" and add at least 2 pictures

This is fixed (sorta)
It's still a clunky UI, but i made it at least usable. Its suprising that that sucks so much considering that we paid for this plugin :(

Screenshot_570.png

Last edited:

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
XFA covers migrated. Let us know if something isn't right.
Well, for starters, that particular download is still missing its full-sized images. I don't suppose you have access to an offline archive of the old site for comparison, do you? 'Cause now I'm wondering if something went wrong before the migration.

nesman

master of fast travel
aa
Jun 27, 2016
Well, for starters, that particular download is still missing its full-sized images. I don't suppose you have access to an offline archive of the old site for comparison, do you? 'Cause now I'm wondering if something went wrong before the migration.
At this point unless it's on the wayback machine we don't have an accessable archive due to the size of the required disk being extremely costly to run two large web servers.

Zeus

Not a Krusty Krab
aa
Oct 15, 2014
The download button for the feedback .vmf has disappeared ever since the transfer, and I am also unable to claim my map. Might have something to do with the fact that I'm not signed in through steam, but every time I try, it returns an error message (HTTP ERROR 500), as being unable to handle my request.

download button.PNG
this is now fixed. You can login to the site and I also fixed some of the performance problems it had

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Appears that the Downloads counter is using the Views number unless this is some weird coincidence.

1645973391344.png

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
When you fixed the "Manage Cover Images" UI, or possibly at some point before that, it automatically set all images uploaded onto all of my downloads as cover images. This has caused a large number of unwanted duplicate cover images.

Example download: https://tf2maps.net/downloads/sd_tiftid_mc20.12595/

This download has three pairs of duplicate cover images; it originally had three cover images and four uploaded images, with three of the four uploaded images being the same as the cover images.

In the Manage Cover Images UI, the uploaded images also display at a much lower resolution than the old cover images:
1646193451095.png

This at least lets me tell what was a cover image and what was an uploaded image, but it does make me wonder if there could be an easy way to revert this, or if the uploaded images display at a lower resolution as cover images. All images were taken and uploaded at 1280x720, and I can't see any difference, so I assume they're the same resolution.

Thankfully, I've kept all of the original image files for all of my screenshots around, so if I just happen to be the only person who uploaded the same images to their downloads both as cover images and attached files, I can go through all my downloads and fix it and we never have to worry about this again, hopefully.

Last edited:

DonutVikingChap

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 15, 2013
Description of bug:
The "downloads" counters on downloads that were uploaded before the migration show the same number as the "views" counter.

Pictures of bug:
tf2mbug1.png
tf2mbug2.png
tf2mbug3.png

The "views" stats on my own downloads seem roughly correct from what I can remember, but the downloads obviously weren't that high.

Downloads uploaded after the migration seem to work fine:
tf2mnobug1.png

How to reproduce the bug:
See the stats on the right of the following pages:
https://tf2maps.net/downloads/ascii-fortress-2.3816/
https://tf2maps.net/downloads/invasion.198/
https://tf2maps.net/downloads/pl_thermo.11177/
https://tf2maps.net/downloads/nepal.12686/

Spleep

aa
Aug 7, 2019
1646787840173.png

Assuming that lux didn't get a sponsorship for their post, I think the ad might be in the wrong place.

14bit

L14: Bit Member
aa
Oct 5, 2014
The [FLOAT_LEFT] and [FLOAT_RIGHT] bbcode tags do not work, making old Jam Showcases look very strange, leaving huge gaps next to images that text should be wrapping into:

https://tf2maps.net/threads/the-2020-72-hour-tf2-jam-showcase.42805/

EDIT: It seems this functionality has been replaced by something in the new post editor so it's not an issue going forwards, though the new thing doesn't apply to old posts.

Last edited:

Cinnamon

L1: Registered
Dec 14, 2019
Uploading new covers for my map ends up varying a lot on the image upload, with some images never finish uploading. I'm unable to tell the progress percentage of each one individually, too.

I can't tell if it's bad upload speeds or my images are too large for the website to handle, being up to 6.2 MB

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
Search bar ain't working. All I get is a screen with this message: "Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again." Doing what it says doesn't change anything.

nesman

master of fast travel
aa
Jun 27, 2016
Uploading new covers for my map ends up varying a lot on the image upload, with some images never finish uploading. I'm unable to tell the progress percentage of each one individually, too.

I can't tell if it's bad upload speeds or my images are too large for the website to handle, being up to 6.2 MB
vultr seemed slow this morning. let me know if it continues.

Search bar ain't working. All I get is a screen with this message: "Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again." Doing what it says doesn't change anything.
Just tried it on firefox, edge with an alt account, and edge logged out. Can't reproduce somehow.

Cinnamon

L1: Registered
Dec 14, 2019
Found out why the map covers page stop uploading some of my images, it's limited to 4 MB.

Any images that are over 4 MB gets stalled and never notifies the uploader about the error, if any error gets shown at all.

EDIT: Another is that it also maybe limits the amount of covers you can upload to 10?

Last edited: