Kemptown

KotH Kemptown rc3a

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I don't know if you did that because cutting down on size was a priority for you or because you're just not on board with the Bulletcrops style, but I'm not either so dascool. It does seem to be missing a certain je ne sais quoi now that everything is stock, but maybe if I ever get 2street back on its feet, we can combine our powers to convince someone to build a custom texture pack that we can both use.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
It's mainly because I want to put this up on the workshop eventually, and I have absolutely no idea how to track down anyone who worked on the Bulletcrops pack so I can credit them properly. That and yeah, I wasn't too sure about the look the map was sporting so I decided to revise it. Some of the roofs look a bit off but I haven't quite perfected the visuals anyway.

At the moment I mainly want to make sure the fountain is fun to fight around, since some people were complaining it was still a little too large.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I especially didn't care for the streets having dotted lines down the middle even though they're clearly only one lane wide, so I'm glad that's gone, at any rate.

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
Oh its the Wineskin.
That kinda explains alot. I might not need bootcamp anymore
but how about ABS pack? Did you use wineskin for that too?

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Just... Bootcamp the thing and problems be gone. It's so much easier to do than to mess with an emulator, especially with the already crash-prone mess of a program that is Hammer.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Oh its the Wineskin.
That kinda explains alot. I might not need bootcamp anymore
but how about ABS pack? Did you use wineskin for that too?
Yep. Surprisingly hassle-free to set up, all I had to do was change the install directory. Same with the Construction Pack.

Just... Bootcamp the thing and problems be gone. It's so much easier to do than to mess with an emulator, especially with the already crash-prone mess of a program that is Hammer.
Feel free to buy me a Windows CD and I'll do just that.

This link does not work for me.
Sorry, I changed the name of the folder. Here's the new link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2vh747mvzos6h3r/AABAVYlxFPVbryJKuiyRUlUEa?dl=0

Uncuepa

aa
Oct 25, 2014
Odd cubemaps in this room and near cap point, easily can be re-assigned a different cubemap

20160611001827_1.jpg

Clip around this table or move it back by 32hu, juts out a little too much for my liking

20160611002054_1.jpg

Similar situation with this pile, slide it to the left by 64hu to make this choke less chokey

20160611001909_1.jpg

Lack of staticproppolys is what causes the really ugly shadows on small props like these, so if you use staticproppolys and the other two lines in an advanced compile with their shadows turned on you'll get really nice lighting. Does take LOTS of time tho.

20160611001844_1.jpg

Other than that, loving how the map has come along :) Keep it up

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Lack of staticproppolys is what causes the really ugly shadows on small props like these, so if you use staticproppolys and the other two lines in an advanced compile with their shadows turned on you'll get really nice lighting. Does take LOTS of time tho.

20160611001844_1.jpg

Other than that, loving how the map has come along :) Keep it up
I'm gonna save staticproppolys (as well as HDR) for rc1 cos I'm impatient and I want to do all that as few times as possible.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
In my defence it was originally gonna be solely for college work, and everything else was gonna be done on my old Windows laptop. But then my Windows laptop packed in so the Macbook Pro's all I got now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
* finally replaced the weird brushwork fountain with an excellent, custom-made model by E-Arkham!

* more detailing improvements, including adding some lovely street signs made by Idolon

* changed capture zone boundaries so you can no longer cap the point while standing on the huts on either side of it

* attempted (and probably failed) to optimise the map better

20160713214301_1.jpg

20160713220655_1.jpg
20160713215910_1.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
That fountain looks pretty. Detail wise, wouldn't the roadblocks make sense by having some sort of road maintenance or something like that. Not necessarily though, if you want to avoid it being a eye catcher.