Zinkenite

CP Zinkenite B3a

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Random music.

Some feedback on the gameplay at the moment, though: I'd like to see more viable sentry positions on the second and third stages. Most moderately acceptable spots are easily out ranged; or at corners so close to wall edges that most classes can just circle strafe around the SG or spam it from cover. Spots immediately outside the spawn (stages 1, 2 and 3) and directly on the initial point(s) (stages 1 and 2) isn't that creative.

Stage 3 is a massive steam roll because there are so many corners and flanking spots. Sentries don't have a decent enough FoV over choke point exits because of all the structures that jut into the play area, players can drop out of an exit, take minor flak off an SG only to then strafe into a building next to them and simply walk around it. In fact many of the exits BLU will leave from have height advantages. The capacity for area denial is severely limited and despite the fact that i have played stage 3 maybe 6-8 times i still have difficulty finding ammo as a defencive engineer.

Hopefully Schwa's building suggestions will allow engi's to setup inside structures though as essentially they're just winding corridors at the moment. Though i have to disagree with making A lower than 192.

On a final note the finalé is supposed to be the hardest CP to cap but at the moment it's practically the easiest and i'd tie that down to the tall wooden bridge. It's way too much of an advantage for BLU; and even if RED occupy it, BLU's in a much better position to clear it than RED is.

What Is Schwa

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2008
A'ight dude I say this cuz I love you.

That music is retarded and does nothing to emphasize the quirkyness of Zig/Zink/Rexy.

First off: No lyrics. Zink doesn't need a theme song, unless it is you crooning about lighting details. "Yeah... blue light_spots keep me hot/gonna stick 'em in yo zink spot."

Second: Zinkenetty has a very fairy tale / fantasy vibe to it. The music should be appropriately dreamy and strange.

Here are some suggestions:

Ratatat. Pros: Hipsters will fellate you. Cons: Hipsters will fellate you.
el pico
Shiller

Detectivebryan. Pros: Absolute insane dreamy music; think Edward Scissorhands knocks up a mail order Russian bride and the child is born with glockenspiel mallets. Cons: Little bit cutsey.
Om Du Möter Varg
E18

Four-Tet: Pros: Fucking awesome, amirite? Cons: None. What part of fucking awesome did you not get?
As serious as your life
Everything is allright

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
The video itself is really good!
I watched it without sound the first time and enjoyed it a lot. Though now with the sound I'm a little less enthusiastic. Even if music taste is very much individual, for something like this I agree with Schwa that you should avoid lyrics.

For some more suggestions I give you
Emancipator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PEGDGxZdzA (anthem)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXT4dxCrmEI (First snow. Ooah remix)

What Is Schwa

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2008
Damn Ravidge, you're a cool dude. I came back here because I forgot Emancipator but shit, you covered that shit already. Thanks shithead.

Also, I dunno if you like hip-hop, but Sadistik uses Emancipator as backbeats and the result is sweet.

Sadistik - Searching for Some Beautiful

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Could always use ZIGgy Stardust :p

On a serious note, you could try some of the World of Goo music, Icarus used Best of times. I'd suggest Ode to the Bridge builder, or Red carpet extend-o-matic.

EDIT: 2k posts woo.
EDIT:EDIT: Red carpet extend o matic has a slow/fast section. The fast sections basically starts 1 second before the gameplay sections start up. Just a thought.

Last edited:

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Or... OR... you could just use one of the TF2 tracks, since that's the classic presenation music for a map. Yeah, it's been done a thousand times before, but you can't go wrong with it.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I wanted to use some of the tf2 tracks but none of them are long enough.

I didn't know the music track was going to be such a big deal to you guys, although from the comments on the video you either hate it or love it--it's really a matter of preference, which I didn't want this to be at all--and it brings me to be pretty frustrated, since it's not really about the music anyway. I spent a huge chunk of time trying to find a music track and in the end just went with something I like. Clearly, not a good idea, it seems (though I did ask for suggestions in the chat).

I'm going to go with Detektivbyrån - E 18, so hold on while I compile again.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
I am sad to report that I really dislike the song choice for the new video. It just doesn't fit at all.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I am sad to report that I really dislike the song choice for the new video. It just doesn't fit at all.

I can't help it! No matter what I pick, someone's going to hate the music I pick. D:

Sep 1, 2009
Rexy If in doubt use TF2 music......if someone dislikes it you simply know they are a hypocritic.

purequaternion

L3: Member
May 19, 2009
I'm sorta forced to agree regarding the sentry positions; I feel like getting them setup and maintained is a bit too difficult. I'd like to play more though to see exactly how it works with larger team sizes...it might be good to deliberately let BLU win so we can just concentrate on stage 3.

Unfortunately I don't have any concrete suggestions of things to consider at the moment...I feel like I haven't really played 3C enough to have tried various solutions.

-C

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
I'm not quiet sure if I played an older version or not, so this might have been addressed already, but going from Stage 2 A to B is VERY confusing at first. I ran around A's area for way too long before I figured out where B even was. And that was just because an enemy came out from there. Signage would help for sure.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
That was one thing that I noticed was players couldn't find B, even though they pass it on the way to A if they go left--if they go right, not so much. I will write it down for b3.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
cp_zinkenite_b20000.jpg

Minor thing, color reflection on rock is off