WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Uncuepa

aa
Oct 25, 2014
That cathedral is some Dark Souls level stuff

I've always wanted to do a multi-stage where you slowly work your way through a village to a tower, and you can see the tower throughout the map, and in the third stage you finally enter it and last is inside the tower, much like Eichenwalde from Overwatch.

FunkEdge

L3: Member
Jan 14, 2017
Making a new PL map. no inside areas yet (and no detail what so ever)
any thoughts so far?
~LP

2017-03-03 (2).png 2017-03-03 (1).png 2017-03-03 (3).png 2017-03-03.png

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
@Invalid nick inspired me to make a spacey themed map... Won't be set on mars though... Maybe?
-snip snop-
At the moment, I'm calling it turning test... Not Turing test, as I don't want to make it to similar... thoughts on the interesting geometry?

sure, there's some interesting geo in what little brushwork is there; but it's not actual playspace, just columns. would like to see the same unique-ness in the actual game area

Etasus

L420: High Member
Jul 24, 2016
sure, there's some interesting geo in what little brushwork is there; but it's not actual playspace, just columns. would like to see the same unique-ness in the actual game area
No idea how it's gonna turn out in the end... I don't even have a layout fully designed yet, so we will see how it goes from here... I do hope to implement said geometry into the actual map...

Etasus

Jul 24, 2016
fleshed out mid a bit more than in the previous shot... I'm really liking how this is 'turning' out, and i can't wait to 'test' it... I also think im gonna stick with the name: turning test...
koth_turning_test_a10001.jpg

also, managed to creat a 45 degree angled set of stairs... very happy with the results...
koth_turning_test_a10000.jpg

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
fleshed out mid a bit more than in the previous shot... I'm really liking how this is 'turning' out, and i can't wait to 'test' it... I also think im gonna stick with the name: turning test...
koth_turning_test_a10001.jpg

also, managed to creat a 45 degree angled set of stairs... very happy with the results...
koth_turning_test_a10000.jpg

These screenshots, very oddly enough, remind me of the first post in this thread.

Specifically, this first image:

arena_jungle040000.jpg

Anyways, everything's looking great, @SmallBiscuit! I love your use of a large pipe structure: it makes sense for both theme and gameplay.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
i7fZG96.jpg

Testing lighting, fit and stuff. I need to go through the props and adjust $illumposition and add in $ambientboost because the shadowing when they're adjoined gets ugly fast if they don't have it. Was hoping to have these released by now, but I need to switch to a work project for awhile.

Maybe I'll carve out some time this weekend to recompile and then release (sadly I won't have time to get to the trees yet but the Borneo ones look fine).

Etasus

Jul 24, 2016
Another day of work... =]

This is the main overview, it is about 3,300 HU from the center to where I eventually intend to place the spawn doors...
The weird pathways with no walls will eventually be the indoor section...
koth_turning_test_a10002.jpg

I made 45 degree angled ramps! they look phenomenal!
koth_turning_test_a10003.jpg

A small scout for scale... Ignore the bullet holes, he got a bit feisty...
koth_turning_test_a10004.jpg

BigfootBeto

Party Time 2.0!
aa
Jun 8, 2016
Now working on a signature overlay! It's still a draft, however. I want to mimic the TF2 style and I'd like some advice :)

If you would want to be more subtle, you could probably leave out "A criminal bunny." If there's a drawing of a bunny already on a wanted poster, then it would be inferred it's a criminal bunny. Also, wanted posters usually state a reward in big letters/numbers.

Jul 26, 2015
20170304133809_1.jpg

Now working on a signature overlay! It's still a draft, however. I want to mimic the TF2 style and I'd like some advice :)

I'd say the art style of the bunny itself doesn't quite match, but I don't know what would make it more fitting. Maybe a painting of an actual bunny?

BigfootBeto

Party Time 2.0!
aa
Jun 8, 2016
I'd say the art style of the bunny itself doesn't quite match, but I don't know what would make it more fitting. Maybe a painting of an actual bunny?

I think a sketch would be better, but a painting could work also. It's a medieval style map, so it has to fit that.

CriminalBunny

Lasers are just deadly rainbows
aa
Oct 11, 2013
If you would want to be more subtle, you could probably leave out "A criminal bunny." If there's a drawing of a bunny already on a wanted poster, then it would be inferred it's a criminal bunny. Also, wanted posters usually state a reward in big letters/numbers.
I thought of it too, but I had trouble coming up with something else. I also felt that writing the reward in any currency felt more western like than medieval. I may make a non-medieval version for regular maps, and now that I think of it it could look similar to this one
emxsUbV.jpg
I think a sketch would be better, but a painting could work also. It's a medieval style map, so it has to fit that.
I originally tried to follow this style of wanted poster, so I just outlined the bunny. So I could do either a cartoon bunny sketch or a more realistic painting. Also, that explains what I wanted to write a name.
flynn_rider_wanted_poster_by_ayameclyne-d37leje.png
I'll make a new thread for the overlay talk, don't worry mods