The Frontline! Community Project - 1.2 IS LIVE!

Joshenkstone

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 24, 2015
so is anyone gonna work on another snowy map like cold front too, or can i try to finish a (good) map for once?

Little Pixel

L1: Registered
May 29, 2016
I need to get myself some new pants.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
How do I install or use it?
Just open the ZIP file and dump the materials, models, and particles folders into your /tf/ folder and the map files into your /mapsrc/ folder. When next Hammer boots, 'twill be with a host of new assets to play with.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Also...

n9ogdah.jpg

I dunno, you guys, I think maybe this game still needs more dumpster props to choose from...

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
download it, either stick the top folder in tf/custom or the subfolders in tf/

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
A few requests (I recall Square mentioning people to post them here for formality):
  • Flagpoles without the bases so we can stick them on fences neatly
  • Same above but with the siren model
  • I also spoke with Void about a version of the Early Morning sky that would have an ocean section but I'm sticking that in here because
  • Generic beneath-base portion for a large ship as they're annoying to make with brushwork with all the spherical geometry
  • Modification of the standard payload cart to have the angry bomb faces

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
If we're doing requests, a tank blowing up-animation (the big one, not the cart replacement) kinda like the MvM tank blowing up would be neato.

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
This update is cool and everyone involved is cool. I still have requests placed in the private project Trello so if you're looking for things to do, then I have those & others.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I also noticed on the reworked resupply cabinet that the doors have holes in them. They're black when on the outside looking inwards, but when they open up you can see trough these holes.

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
is anyone going to make a snowy ctf mode?
me either :p
just kidding i will and i will also make it with koth or maybe cp map so there would be 3 different types of the map :D

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
A few requests (I recall Square mentioning people to post them here for formality):
  • Flagpoles without the bases so we can stick them on fences neatly
  • Same above but with the siren model
  • I also spoke with Void about a version of the Early Morning sky that would have an ocean section but I'm sticking that in here because
  • Generic beneath-base portion for a large ship as they're annoying to make with brushwork with all the spherical geometry
  • Modification of the standard payload cart to have the angry bomb faces
Please add in an animation for the "models\props_frontline\mine_naval_chain.mdl" to make the chain collapses into a pile after the mine detonates. Alternatively merge the chain and mine into one single model and animate them so the chain collapses into a pile the same time the mine detonates.

Also can we have "models\props_frontline\barrier_up.mdl" that isn't solid in the middle? It would be nice to be able to walk though that prop.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Requests:
  • metal fences like the ones in the background here would be super useful (128 tall and 64 tall)
  • barrage balloons (skybox and regular)
  • maybe a dustbin

The Letter Before A

Cool Idiot
Jul 15, 2016
Okay Great Im in
Im a pretty experienced map maker I just have no drive so this is perfect for me.
Im out of town and my laptop, which I brought with me is kill.
So until I get back to a actual computer I'll just do some mock ups and layout sketches on paper.
My idea is a 3 point cp attack/ defend map set at a large scale hadron collider developed by both sides.
After coming to the sudden realization that red can just take the entire plant for the selves.
Blu, being not entirely okay with this plan, decides that the best way to solve the situation is to, instead of recapturing it, just you know, blow it up. It will be set in west Texas in the middle of nowhere.
Gameplay will function like this:
(C) =Final Control point

(B1)(B2) =When both are captured at the same
by blu C will open Up (red can recap)

(A) =First CP

Im already getting pictures that ill turn into textures when I get back.
And I've made a night skybox texture that i'll be using.
And of course the style will fit the theme.
Wish me luck

Oh yeah and guess where Im taking my vacation

Last edited:

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
Okay Great Im in
Im a pretty experienced map maker I just have no drive so this is perfect for me.
Im out of town and my laptop, which I brought with me is kill.
So until I get back to a actual computer I'll just do some mock ups and layout sketches on paper.
My idea is a 3 point cp attack/ defend map set at a large scale hadron collider developed by both sides.
After coming to the sudden realization that red can just take the entire plant for the selves.
Blu, being not entirely okay with this plan, decides that the best way to solve the situation is to, instead of recapturing it, just you know, blow it up. It will be set in west Texas in the middle of nowhere.
Gameplay will function like this:
(C) =Final Control point

(B1)(B2) =When both are captured at the same
by blu C will open Up (red can recap)

(A) =First CP

Im already getting pictures that ill turn into textures when I get back.
And I've made a night skybox texture that i'll be using.
And of course the style will fit the theme.
Wish me luck

Oh yeah and guess where Im taking my vacation

The large hadron collider is completely underground. Stuff set entirely underground is never fun in TF2.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Isn't koth_nucleus all underground? It's a theme decision, not gameplay.