The Frontline! Community Project - 1.2 IS LIVE!

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Interior maps get a bad rap because the main examples of all-interior maps we have are Turbine (which has a pretty uninteresting layout overall) and Junction (very cramped). Abyss, Hadal, and Volcanic are good examples of entirely interior/underground maps that are still fun to play.

The Letter Before A

Cool Idiot
Jul 15, 2016
The large hadron collider is completely underground. Stuff set entirely underground is never fun in TF2.
No no dont worry the map will be primarly outside the final cp be will be under ground

donhonk

L1: Registered
Jul 14, 2016
Requests:
  • metal fences like the ones in the background here would be super useful (128 tall and 64 tall)
  • barrage balloons (skybox and regular)
  • maybe a dustbin

Metal fences are a great idea, as well as the dustbin. (Metal?) Def gonna tackle these. Barrage balloons seem like something that will get made as well.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Very weird that there isn't a tarp with snow on top.

Snowplow assets + Frontline assets = Profit?

I have yet to put this to the test, but it might work.

KilogramHours

Jul 15, 2016
I'm new to TF2 mapping, even though I've been following UEAKCrash for a couple of months now. Wanted to give it a shot since I think this community project is awesome.

My basic premise is a KOTH map that has a trench in the middle that has a control point in it. The map has rotational symmetry, and I'm trying to take the basic design of Viaduct/Highpass of having a spawn-courtyard-3paths-courtyard-3paths-courtyard-point system.

I'm just at the basic design phase, trying create at least somewhat interesting gameplay. I think its going good for now. I probably wont decorate it for while.

Wkay

Feb 6, 2016
Would it kill you guys to add some sort of tutorial on the site on how to install the materials and models?

Sep 19, 2010
Would it kill you guys to add some sort of tutorial on the site on how to install the materials and models?
Download pack. Extract the folder into your /tf folder. Done.

Your /tf folder will be found here if you downloaded TF2 to the default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf

Alternatively you can create a new folder in /tf and call it custom. Then you can put the pack there and all future custom content.

Jul 6, 2015
Download pack. Extract the folder into your /tf folder. Done.

Your /tf folder will be found here if you downloaded TF2 to the default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf

Alternatively you can create a new folder in /tf and call it custom. Then you can put the pack there and all future custom content.
Actually there are files that need to go in your mapssrc folder too.

Jul 6, 2015
Do the map files need to go in the map folder too?
There is only one map, and its the frontline_demo that shows off all the entity work by @Crash

Edit:
Kinda off topic but I pinged crash here anyway.
The Frontline circle in the packs takes you to frontline.tf instead of the actual pack, little nit picky but shouldn't it link directly to the pack?