(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Is there a size-limit for detail maps?

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
So is this going to replace all the 72hr contests?
Because I like the idea of a 72hr contest, and the idea of the 72hr jam, so both would be a good idea to keep around.

We want to see how it goes before making long-term decisions. The format as-was was untenable though, so I wouldn't expect to go back without some or other significant change.

Re: sounds: from a contest rules perspective, sure, though I'm not sure what the copyright situation there is.

Re: size: understand is on the money. Do whatever, man, it's cool.

BlazingDiancie

L1: Registered
Jan 7, 2015
Say, is it alright if I use my own server to test my MvM mission? Oh and by the way, my mission will be an endurance mission on MvM Underground. I call it "Dreadbolt in the Deep". The final boss is Dreadbolt the Mighty Nuclear Samurai and he's bringing in some pain with the generals of his Apocalypse Army: Doomburner the Blazebringer, Megastriker the Malefic and Reactor the Atom Annihalator.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Say, is it alright if I use my own server to test my MvM mission? Oh and by the way, my mission will be an endurance mission on MvM Underground. I call it "Dreadbolt in the Deep". The final boss is Dreadbolt the Mighty Nuclear Samurai and he's bringing in some pain with the generals of his Apocalypse Army: Doomburner the Blazebringer, Megastriker the Malefic and Reactor the Atom Annihalator.

Go for it. You can share the IP and see if you can get some folks from here if you'd like.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
I am quite shy, but I will probably do a 72hr livestream!
Here's a link: http://www.twitch.tv/FrostyHoneyJuice (The channel isn't ready yet. I have to finish decorating it.)
So, umm, yeah!

EDIT: Ohh, btw. I have never used a 72hr clock in the OBS before, so can some please tell me
the correct numbers for the targetTime?

Thank you!

If you're participating in the main weekend, there's no need to set targetTime, just omit it from the url.

LeSwordfish

aa
Aug 8, 2010
Would creating logic for a custom-ish game mode count as a thing I can make before the contest?
Its capture-able forward spawns on a KoTH map, so I would like to have the logic said and done before I make the map to save time.

That seems fair to me - something equivalent to the abs pack.

DJ Sylveon

L3: Member
Nov 9, 2015
I'll stream during the event! http://www.twitch.tv/dj_sylveon_and_zorua/ I probably wont be live during the whole 72 hours but I will do my best to be live as much as possible during then.

I already have a plan drawn up for what I'm doing and have a name for the map too. It is a koth map so if you don't want to watch a koth map being made...well...yea...

P.S. Is the clock that's on the page available for use on stream?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2015
I'll stream during the event! http://www.twitch.tv/dj_sylveon_and_zorua/ I probably wont be live during the whole 72 hours but I will do my best to be live as much as possible during then.

I already have a plan drawn up for what I'm doing and have a name for the map too. It is a koth map so if you don't want to watch a koth map being made...well...yea...

P.S. Is the clock that's on the page available for use on stream?
I too will be streaming my purge into darkness, and it is avalible for all to use as I have it in my stream.
PS im also making a koth map, but with an amazing twist.

LeSwordfish

aa
Aug 8, 2010
We're a little less than one week out, so I just wanted to remind people of things:

• Join our Steam Group to get informed when we're running tests.
  • Join our Steam Chat to request that your map be added to a test. Check out how our chat bot works!
  • We won't be curating a list of streamers this year now that we have a handy-dandy function on the site - be sure to add your stream to the tab above!
  • Double-check the rules! We're super relaxed this time, but it would suck for you to miss out because of missing something.

Mr.JC

L1: Registered
Aug 30, 2015
Joining this and I'm sure as hell streaming it!
I've never streamed before so kind of scared actually. I don't quite understand what you mean by posting the dates and times I'm entering, can someone clarify if I have to put the date, even if I am joining the day it starts?
Also does the timer automatically start in OBS or something? I haven't figured out how to start it, lol.
If you're just spectating, my Twitch name is just TheOfficialJC
Can't make maps for the life of me so just animating. Happy Jamming!

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
I have a very late question; can I do this a week later? I have a examweek in school so I cant "waste" my weekend for Hammer

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
Is the world ready for ctf_cancer yet? Because it is getting it anyways!