The 2016 Winter 72HR TF2Jam

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Joining this and I'm sure as hell streaming it!
I've never streamed before so kind of scared actually. I don't quite understand what you mean by posting the dates and times I'm entering, can someone clarify if I have to put the date, even if I am joining the day it starts?
Also does the timer automatically start in OBS or something? I haven't figured out how to start it, lol.
If you're just spectating, my Twitch name is just TheOfficialJC
Can't make maps for the life of me so just animating. Happy Jamming!

You don't need to post the dates and times if you're joining in at the usual time.

Mr.JC

L1: Registered
Aug 30, 2015
You don't need to post the dates and times if you're joining in at the usual time.
Alright sweet! And about the clock in OBS, does it start on it's own with the url I put in? I have no idea how it works or how to start it lol.

OnyxCanoe™

Jan 5, 2016
Is anyone willing to join me in a collaboration on a CP map? If so, either PM (if that's a thing), Steam message, or whatever. It's nearly the start of the Jam and I still need someone to assist me.

BenCo

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 30, 2015
Is anyone willing to join me in a collaboration on a CP map? If so, either PM (if that's a thing), Steam message, or whatever. It's nearly the start of the Jam and I still need someone to assist me.
Hope we can make something good! (we talked on steam :p)

Also is it allowed to work with your collab-partner and also making your own map? I mostly going to helping him out in a few thing but I also want to work on my map afor the contest aswell.

14bit

L14: Bit Member
aa
Oct 5, 2014
I'm in, and it looks like I'll be starting a day early!

I'll be participating from Thursday, January 28, at 4:00 PM EST to Sunday, January 31, at 4:00 PM EST. I believe 1454274000 is the Unix timecode to plug into @Geit's countdown clock, but correct me if I'm wrong. I'll be livestreaming the whole thing again, here's a link.

Oh, and I'll be making a PLR map this year.
(I know I said arena earlier, but...)

spudboy

Feb 8, 2015
I figure this is as good a time as any to try and get back into the whole mapping thing. I might even stream. Maybe.

Anyway yeah I'm excited about this.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Speaking of PLR, will you ever release that circular PLR prefab, @14bit?

14bit

L14: Bit Member
aa
Oct 5, 2014
@Zed I posted a version of it last year, but I haven't updated it in a long time. The version in plr_orbit is slightly different, feel free to decompile it if you want. I'm working on an update to the map for this year, and I will release a proper prefab with new and updated logic when I release it.

Here's the thread to the old one.

I might as well put it here for anyone who wants to try it for the 72 hour contest.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
@14bit Will it include the rollback zones? I might just have found my game mode. Not for a joke map, but for a serious map.

BlazingDiancie

Jan 7, 2015
Only 1 week left! Im so excited. :D I'm already warming up my hammer.
Ikr, I'm getting Notepad++ all ready and raring to go. Dreadbolt and his army have been created, now all I need to do is just put them into evil squads of death. >:)

Bogdy

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 13, 2014
I think I have decided on what I will do.
I was thinking of making this YouTube series where I "dissect" popular maps and discuss what was done right and what was done wrong.
Sort of a learning reference for newer mappers.

Bakscratch

Finisher of Maps
aa
Oct 29, 2010
Is there a rule on custom content this time? (as not a contest)