General art thread

CriminalBunny

Lasers are just deadly rainbows
aa
Oct 11, 2013
@CriminalBunny Sent me a leaked VMF file ridden with area portal bugs, and I got pissed at him. He then sent me this today.
BunnyComicLeak.jpg
don't get positive ratings with my work! I'm gonna report you! >:3 please note the sarcasm

Infomaniac

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 29, 2015
yCC6qvg.jpg

Some concept art for cp_2hq

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
Oops I forgot to post these. It took my like 8 hours to do all of them.

A cool eye.
image.jpeg

A cool nose.
image.jpeg

Some cool lips.
image.jpeg

I drew my eye from a picture I took. I'm so sleep deprived that I have such huge bags under my eyes.
image.jpeg

My nose, a good sniffer. Not as good as the other nose in my opinion, but it's still cool.
image.jpeg

And I drew my lips, the best smoochers.
image.jpeg

I hope you all like them!

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Oops I forgot to post these. It took my like 8 hours to do all of them.

A cool eye.
image.jpeg

A cool nose.
image.jpeg

Some cool lips.
image.jpeg

I drew my eye from a picture I took. I'm so sleep deprived that I have such huge bags under my eyes.
image.jpeg

My nose, a good sniffer. Not as good as the other nose in my opinion, but it's still cool.
image.jpeg

And I drew my lips, the best smoochers.
image.jpeg

I hope you all like them!

What's a large sniffer called? A snooper?

Awesome work, Nick!

Aug 30, 2015
I am bad at graphic design

The Srijivanaya Sun.JPG Sleek.png

Last edited:

nickybakes

aa
Jul 28, 2015
I spent the downtime this Thanksgiving making an SFM poster. I call it "Intense Defense", and I am really proud with how it came out. I hope you like it! It is rendered in 1920x1080.

Intense Defense.png

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
I can't believe someone can ever end up in this pose in such a situation. Is he dancing?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Clearly he's frantically running at it to repair the damage it's taking in the heat of combat.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
I guess he's gonna repair the camera? Or spycheck the camera man? He's not aiming for the sentry.

Another Bad Pun

In the shadows, he saw four eyes lit by fire
aa
Jan 15, 2011
I guess he's gonna repair the camera? Or spycheck the camera man? He's not aiming for the sentry.

I have made a practice test with the goal of teaching TF2M how to interpret movement in images
there are 3 questions, each worth 25 points for a total of 75 points! If you miss or do not complete a question, you do not receive any points for that question.

Question 1 (25 points)
look at this car, that i just found
104-6.jpg

In which direction is the sports car most likely moving?
a) Sideways.
b) Towards the left of the image.
c) Towards the right of the image.
The answer is B. Looking into the car, the drivers seat is to the left of the vehicle in the front - therefore, the vehicle is designed to travel on the right lane of the road going forwards. Since the sports car is in the right lane, it is moving to the left of the image - or forwards.

Question 2 (25 Points)
hey look, a butterfly!
Did you know that butterflies have a second stomach inside of their vaginas? It's true!
d2c402951aa6a33d8ab0dc217e40f35f.jpg

Based on what you see in the image, how is the butterfly moving?
a) The butterfly is flying away from the flower.
b) The butterfly is staying stationary on the flower.
c) This is a male butterfly, and therefore cannot have a vagina in its stomach.

The correct answer choice is B. No vaginas are visible in this image. In addition, butterflies move by flapping their wings, and the wings of this butterfly are not in motion. Therefore, the most likely answer to this question is answer choice B.

Question 3 (25 Points)
This is a tricky one!
Thanks to reddit user NICKTF for the image!
intense-defense-png.36827

Based on the contents of this image, what object will the engineer hit with his wrench?
a) The engineer's wrench will hit the sentry, as he is making eye contact with the sentry and positioned his arm in an attempt to hit it.
b) The engineer's wrench will hit a North Dakota Pipeline protester, who is taking the picture.
c) It is impossible to tell.

The correct answer choice to this question is A. There is no evidence to suggest that the engineer is in North Dakota. Additionally, the engineer is making contact with the sentry - a vital step necessary for proper aim when swinging an object. This makes the most likely answer A.

Empyre

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 8, 2011
The problem is that it looks like the engie is facing approximately 90 degrees away from the sentry, and with those goggles, it is hard to see where is eyes are pointing, but he should be just barely able to see the sentry in his periphery. There is not really any evidence of eye contact.
That said, it is still obvious that he is going to hit the sentry with his wrench because that is what engies do. It could be that he is in the middle of the process of turning to face the sentry as he runs towards it.
I think that this is a really nice dramatic scene. Well done, Nick. I like it.

nickybakes

aa
Jul 28, 2015
It could be that he is in the middle of the process of turning to face the sentry as he runs towards it.
I couldn't figure out how to put it into words, but yeah that's exactly it. Thanks!

May 25, 2015
I drew these a while ago, and did want to share them with the world, but I couldn't get the drivers for my phone's USB connection to work until now.

Some urban city alley thing:
2016-09-28%2014.46.35.jpg

Some underground tunnel thing:
2016-09-28%2014.47.18.jpg

Some Portal 2 thing:
2016-09-28%2014.47.29.jpg

A bit blurry becuase I took it in a hurry, but I think most of us will recognize it:
2016-11-27%2015.09.28.jpg