General art thread

AsG_Alligator

qhull precision error
aa
Aug 5, 2016
A quick doodle i made:
tf2_doodle_1_by_asg_alligator-daq6uax.jpg

I guess this would be good for reference pic thread as well...

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
One does not just throw a tire onto the damn roof.
Fun fact: people actually do this in real life.

XGhc2IF.png

640px-Jakarta_slumlife66.JPG

Corrugated metal roofs were not always fastened securely (whether it was due to age or just weak construction), so people would weigh them down with tires to prevent them from rattling or even coming off completely in strong winds. This was also a common practice with older mobile homes because their roofs were built loosely to withstand temperature changes. I'd say they fit right into TF2's architectural style.

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
A quick doodle i made:

when you drew this, did you think about why certain objects are placed in that way? or did you draw it as you please?
It feels little strange to have that granary pipe on the ground.

Svode

Take a Chance on Me
aa
Jul 31, 2016
This entire page of the art forum is just people arguing about tires and roofs... which I guess could be considered art.

Well, acting is (by definition) an art.

Erk

erk
aa
Aug 6, 2016
Fun fact: people actually do this in real life.

XGhc2IF.png

640px-Jakarta_slumlife66.JPG

Corrugated metal roofs were not always fastened securely (whether it was due to age or just weak construction), so people would weigh them down with tires to prevent them from rattling or even coming off completely in strong winds. This was also a common practice with older mobile homes because their roofs were built loosely to withstand temperature changes. I'd say they fit right into TF2's architectural style.

Wow, thats...

a lot of trash.

A quick doodle i made:

That's really good dude, it kinda looks like Mountainlab.

Makzutheamazing

L1: Registered
Dec 12, 2015
Does 3D art count? I made this a week ago or so. I could have improved on a couple of things but i am real happy with this. It is really big so I put it in spoilers.

portrait__by_miksumakzu-dapjyq6.png

Svode

Take a Chance on Me
aa
Jul 31, 2016
Does 3D art count? I made this a week ago or so. I could have improved on a couple of things but i am real happy with this. It is really big so I put it in spoilers.

portrait__by_miksumakzu-dapjyq6.png

Thats really good! What did you use to make this?

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
I'm not entirely sure what is reflected in the dude's eyes. Is it a car? A USA flag?

Makzutheamazing

L1: Registered
Dec 12, 2015
Thats really good! What did you use to make this?

It was modeled and rendered with Blender and Blender's Cycles with textures done in Gimp.

I'm not entirely sure what is reflected in the dude's eyes. Is it a car? A USA flag?

The reflection is a HDRI texture of an interior. I perhaps could have made it a bit blurrier since that is what real eyes do, but rendering the scene took about 4 hours and i forgot to make some things compatible for post processing.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Interior? But the background looks a lot like sky. Did you not intend it to be sky?