WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Woozlez

L3: Member
Jul 28, 2010
I'd just like to share some more screenshots from mvm_underground, to get people hyped about playing it. We've completed our 15th test of the map and we're at Alpha 8, with a few minor details to add to move into beta. All we need is skycard models of the skybox textures, a modular truss model to sprinkle throughout, soundscapes that simulate being underground, and a final detailing in spawn that matches the lore of the museum in Coaltown. If you feel like you could help with any of those things, please PM me or respond to the thread here: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=22511

Anyways here are some of the screenshots along with a link to the full album here: http://imgur.com/a/jZCa4#0

FYJOFAG.jpg

Xg2FMBu.jpg

VWbLw3A.jpg

tWkzcEX.jpg

10s7SkP.jpg

K1zro4P.jpg

HLDUkc3.jpg

U8sQvx0.jpg

prrn4YY.jpg

ThrowingPie

L1: Registered
Apr 6, 2014
I love how you changed the opening in the 2nd screenshot, Looks cool. Reminds me of the Portal 2 underground area. Can't wait to play it.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
I love the colors you've got there, Theo. Reminds me a little bit of the original alpine concept art, but more oranges and yellows.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010

Those hills in the back look a little too rounded and pillowy, in my opinion. A more gradual, rolling hill might be a better effect.

Also, the blue tube thing for gravel (It's late and I don't remember the name of it), is really low to the ground for it's purpose. Those things are used to dump stuff into the back of dump trucks, not act as a gutter.

You have a great oppurtunity to play with lighting a bit, might want to look into a bit more!

my 2cents.

Beyond all that, love the theme you've put together, the green accents in some places are really nice.

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
I think the environment lighting is pretty good, it's a pleasant dusk feel like a cool summer evening.

Just need to paint the play area with spotlights to hilight the important stuff, like around sunset when all the streetlights turn on. I don't think I've seen a tf2 map do that yet.

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
All I can think about is Orange X mid.

Meh...it's not as bad though. The idea I was going for was that if you stood up there, you could be seen by everyone. And all it really takes is a single grenade or a rocket to get up there. Easy peazy.

Inqwel

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 2, 2008
So the tallest thing in the map is the center cap point. I don't know how confident I would feel about that.

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
Meh...it's not as bad though. The idea I was going for was that if you stood up there, you could be seen by everyone. And all it really takes is a single grenade or a rocket to get up there. Easy peazy.

Soldiers and demomen, yes. scouts, maybe. the other 6 classes? Measure the time it takes for a heavy to get to the top of that spire from the terrain below and compare that to the time it takes for the heavy to reach the point from spawn. The former should be lower than the later for obvious reasons.

How many of those roofs will be accessible?

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
Soldiers and demomen, yes. scouts, maybe. the other 6 classes? Measure the time it takes for a heavy to get to the top of that spire from the terrain below and compare that to the time it takes for the heavy to reach the point from spawn. The former should be lower than the later for obvious reasons.

How many of those roofs will be accessible?

Next to none. Only roof accessible will be the roof that's touching the ramp up to it.

And I don't plan on changing it for the sake of a few classes. It's a high ground for a reason, and I'm keeping it that way. If there's anything I've learned while being on this site, it's that I gotta learn to take the damage dealt at me in critical eyes.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Ok, because its possible i tried to make a map with TRLE once again (yes, the tomb raider 4 level editor - except with an 'updated' tool - the looks are still the same as the original one).

ngle01.png

Now i need to learn to make some simple models for switches and puzzle items, texturing and not to mess up my map by making players able to get stuck... Those horrors i created like 10 years ago...