TF2Maps Presents: The Summer 2016 72hr TF2Jam!

hunterskills

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2016
You can make a basic map in literally 2 minutes. It won't really have an objective, but it's a map. And then you'll have 4318 more minutes to add that.

This tutorial is for CSGO but the basic rules apply.

Map editor should be located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\hammer.exe" (make sure you choose "TF2" in game selection
Didn't even know there was in-folder map editor, sweet i thought i'd have to download some cruddy third party application to start editing,
Ty for help! will look into this.

Netaro

L1: Registered
Jul 21, 2016
Quick question! Is it okay if I use a prefab, which I made myself, for the spawn rooms and the control point? I will most likely not have that much time this weekend for mapping and it would be greatly appreciated if I could use them. (I will of course only use the spawnroom prefab as a base for my spawn rooms.)

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015

Nuke

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 5, 2016
Quick question! Is it okay if I use a prefab, which I made myself, for the spawn rooms and the control point? I will most likely not have that much time this weekend for mapping and it would be greatly appreciated if I could use them. (I will of course only use the spawnroom prefab as a base for my spawn rooms.)
there's a ton of such prefabs already, so ye, it's more than allowed.

Joshenkstone

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 24, 2015
will the timer work if i don't specify a unix timestamp or whatever it's called?

Nuke

Jul 5, 2016
will the timer work if i don't specify a unix timestamp or whatever it's called?
Probably no. Correct one is in sword's post on how to set it up (link from 1st post in FAQ)

Joshenkstone

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 24, 2015
The timer on the website was set up incorrectly and started prematurely. The actual event starts in roughly 26 minutes.
yea so the timestamp that was previously given is most likely not the right one.

Nuke

Jul 5, 2016
Since the computer I'm currently on is crap and needs like 10 minutes to load in a game of TF2 on any multiplayer server, I think I'm going to make some sort of singleplayer experience. Either a detail map or a bot training map...
Some form for aim training. there's ton of these in CS:GO, but kinda like it would be nice for some player in TF2

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Since the computer I'm currently on is crap and needs like 10 minutes to load in a game of TF2 on any multiplayer server, I think I'm going to make some sort of singleplayer experience. Either a detail map or a bot training map...
If it's a bot training map try to detail the hell out of it!

action

L2: Junior Member
Jul 11, 2016
Well good luck again,but this time exactly to the map makers x3
I hope you make maps that makes me drop to my knees and yell chin chin

Flipy

I like foxes
aa
Jul 20, 2016
Having started early I'm nearing my 24 hour mark, and most of the gameplay for my map is done. I had to scrap my original idea of giving the entire server powerups after a cap, but the map is still fun. Now after a visit to the Kennedy space center I think I know what theme to use, and a fun finale after one team wins.

I hope you guys dont like the moon