TF2Maps Presents: The Summer 2016 72hr TF2Jam!

JugadorXEI

L1: Registered
Mar 22, 2011
Does the Stream page support hitbox.tv? Planning on streaming map development for the jam but as far as I can tell it's Twitch.tv only.

hunterskills

Jul 22, 2016
You make something that is TF2 related such as maps or artwork. If your file is TF2 related you qualify but I don't recommend uploading a plain text file. ;)
So i could draw a stick solider and it would qualify as artwork right?
I have literately no knowledge about how to make anything tf2 related btw,
Also it wouldn't let me upload .PNG/.JPG items when selecting upload to download page things.

NotSoHoriz

L3: Member
May 20, 2016
Also it wouldn't let me upload .PNG/.JPG items when selecting upload to download page things.
As long as it's TF2 related, it qualifies.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
It's kind of assumed that you're meant to put effort in, I don't know what the staff's thoughts are on no-effort entries for free medals

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010

It would be good if you put a bit more effort into it than that.

To upload an image, you can create a thread in the "Other Downloads" Category which doesn't need a file to download - then you can link to the image.

Ronald_D_D

L2: Junior Member
Jan 31, 2016

To upload an image, you can create a thread in the "Other Downloads" Category which doesn't need a file to download - then you can link to the image.

What if it's a YouTube video?

hunterskills

Jul 22, 2016

Ahh i see, So link the drawing in say
imgur? or that deviant art website where everyone stores their artwork?
Also i can't draw at all and my mind is a blank slate on how to make maps i have no knowladge,
If there was a category which i could fulfill a work criteria i would happily work on it for the remaining time but :) sadly i know not much about the community side of things of tf2.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
the aim of the jam isn't to meet some minimum requirement to get a badge, it's to spend a weekend being creative, try to enter something in-keeping with the spirit of it

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
So if i upload a random let's say .txt file with a script in it, I'll qualify for this badge right?
I've never seen this website before in 5 years of tf2 & i have no knowledge of how to build maps and ect, Or any knowledge of building community maps at all tbh,
That badge is sweet as heck also btw.
It's never too late to start learning. Make your first map, give it effort, and perhaps it will be an inspiration for billions around the world and beyond.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
I think it should go without saying that if you've put in little to no effort you probably won't receive the medal.

The Jam, while hosted here at TF2Maps, isn't just about mapping! Any form of TF2 creations are welcome (from fan-fiction to SFM videos).

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
What is one is a busy busy man but desire that badge ever so much?
You can make a basic map in literally 2 minutes. It won't really have an objective, but it's a map. And then you'll have 4318 more minutes to add that.

This tutorial is for CSGO but the basic rules apply.

Map editor should be located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\hammer.exe" (make sure you choose "TF2" in game selection

Ronald_D_D

L2: Junior Member
Jan 31, 2016
Ah, ty. Ok I've read everything. Last thing left to do is actually start. :) Hope I can get something done in time.

Nuke

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 5, 2016
ITS SO SOON.

Hold me hand, i'm too nervous.