Spawnroom & Intel Room Detailing Mini-Contest - Q1 2016

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
Saw this picture by Roman Avseenko in someone's avatar on Steam. I'm inspired to recreate its likeness for the contest. We shall see.

roman-avseenko-house.jpg

Last edited:

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
That is really nifty, should be super easy to pull off the outside! Inside will take some creativity, best of luck!

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
That is really nifty, should be super easy to pull off the outside! Inside will take some creativity, best of luck!

I'm going to try not to copy directly, but I will attempt to recreate the textures. Should be fun (if I actually do it). Been here for 3 years and I've still never had any 100% original content to post.

Oatmeal

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2014
How exactly does the rating work in this? Are spawn- and intel rooms rated as separate entries? So a person could theoretically win first and second place with his two entries? Or are they rated as one entry?

How does this work if you have put both into one map? Do you get twice the points for it?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
They are not rated seperately. People will vote based on the aesthetics of the map, and rank them against each other regardless of if they're a spawn room or intel room.

The intent was to give people two options for what they could do, to be less restrictive. The idea behind allowing people to merge them, was rewarding the extra effort (you're essentially doing two entries work for a single entry) with the much larger size limit to encourage ideas.

If you do both in one entry, it will still count as one entry and you won't get bonus points for it, but you will have four times the space of other entries to impress people.

Oatmeal

May 17, 2014
So... can you submit two 4048x4048 spawn+intel entries if each only counts as one entry? Sounds like it would be unfair if everyone gets two chances but you get only one for doing extra effort.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
So... can you submit two 4048x4048 spawn+intel entries if each only counts as one entry? Sounds like it would be unfair if everyone gets two chances but you get only one for doing extra effort.

• Maximum of two entries per person.
    • Or one if you choose to do both a spawn room and intel room in the same entry.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
I've read the rules, it was more of a rhetorical question to point out the problem.
It's not a problem, you're still submitting two, just in one file.
If you want them to be rated seperately, submit them seperately.

Oatmeal

May 17, 2014
It's not a problem, you're still submitting two, just in one file.
If you want them to be rated seperately, submit them seperately.

Well you can only win once if you submit both together, that's the problem. People who submit them separately can win twice.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Yes, I reccomend you look at previous year detail entries (there are posts on them in the first page) for an idea of what you can do