Hat Factory

PL Hat Factory 56

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
I was planning on making the cart path go thru there... And use the field of hats texture i had made for it. i was just testing the coins and bones as they were done already... but the vertigo i get already from this is pretty intense. I have given myself a headache a few times already working on it... This is how supervillains feel when their plans go wrong... so much evil... too much evil...

So right now i'm going to leave it in as a background piece that players can look into but not actually wander down it.... unless i change my mind... maybe a shorter tunnel... hmmm pondering.

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
I got the new version out.

This really revamps the whole map. I was unhappy with sections and started ripping them out and patch in new crazy stuff.

Lots of it is rough.. the cart inspector arm is embarrassingly bad. but that's what the next version will work on.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
That feeling when you post something double.

Also, nice use of the moonbase textures.

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
My machine was full... it was/is rendering and registered several clicks I assume.

I just get frustrated at the lack of actual engagement. everyone judges based off the screenshots rather than actually looking at the map.

Version 40 has broken spawn points in the first blue spawn. if anyone tried to play the map in any situation besides by themselves, they would have found the bug. but its been days and no one has found this bug but myself when i fired up some bots. Yes I should have found this before. my fault. i'm working on it now. i'm still disappointed that no one actually plays the maps.

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
Fixed the disabled spawn points in blue's first spawn room.
Fixed the teleports in the dock pipe after the 2nd intermission point.
Added Red spawn points to the last Red spawn room.
Added a secret room/door next to the final point that opens after the map is won.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I just get frustrated at the lack of actual engagement. everyone judges based off the screenshots rather than actually looking at the map.
I don't know if this is aimed at TF2M or what, but we're primarily a testing site. If you want our feedback, you need to enter the map into gamedays or try to get it in impromptu tests when they pop up. Most people don't just randomly download maps because the good feedback comes from playing.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Honestly I've seen this map's name a ton of times but not once have i ever played it. Seriously, do what Tyler said, submit it to a gameday or an impromptu.

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
- Made a 2nd pass at the cart inspector giant arm animations. The cart is now launched into space but catches it just before the bomb hits the ground.

- added several new signs to help with some of the secrets in the map.

- added some crystals from the moon set to continue my pillage of those assets

- rebuilt all the steel framing in the mines as models. this saveg 3 megs on the BSP size.

- performance should be a little better over all.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I think the hats-embedded-in-rock texture needs to have a sharper blend texture (you can use... the red channel, I think? ...to adjust how sharp the transitions are) so it looks more like they're embedded inside the rock and less like they're pressed up against rock-patterned frosted glass.

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
I've continued to polish the first two stages of the map: both in decoration as well as getting the spaces tuned properly. [or trying to]

The map now has new voiceovers that i cobbled together from half-life once annoucer vocabulary.. The VOX.

The Stage B has been redesigned. The robot arm has been removed and a new teleport system has been installed. This allowed me to revisit the timing here and was able to tighten it up quite a bit.

New hat fx have been sprinkled through the first two stages of the map.

new lighting in the first two spawn buildings has been installed and look nicer.

water level has been made consistant as well and removed any hurt brush areas.

the map is now bot friendly if you'd like to spin it up to try it out. they do ok with stage one. stage two needs more bot tuning. stage 3 is a bit of aq cluster for them too. but they do ok.