CP_CLOAK gamemode, what is it?

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
cp_cloak was never meant to be actually played. It should not be an example of a map or any map elements.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Cloak was a test map, it wasn't meant for playing on, and should not be considered as such.
So, i dont do the map, looks like everyone hates the fact i want to make this gamemode, fine, im not gonna do it, are you happy now?

I don't think anyone was unhappy to begin with.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
So, i dont do the map, looks like everyone hates the fact i want to make this gamemode, fine, im not gonna do it, are you happy now?
Honestly, it'll save you a lot of time. Cloak-style CP just won't work no matter how you spin it. Make a koth map instead, those are actually fun.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Cloak was a test map, it wasn't meant for playing on, and should not be considered as such.

I don't think anyone was unhappy to begin with.
¬¬, really? just see the comments of other people...

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
I think on the surface, a map with a single control point that has a long capture rate sounds interesting. A capturing team would need to have at least one player on the point at all times, and would need to keep the enemy off it. If they lost capture progress, they'd have to fight to get it back and they'd lose time to the enemy. But in practice it can be very hard to keep the enemy off the point, so capture progress would be blocked a lot. Rounds could go on for a very long time. I think this is why KoTH works the way it does. The capture time is reasonably short, and it doesn't matter if the enemy stands on the point when you own it, as long as you are standing on it, too, because it won't affect the direction the game goes. The 3 minute clocks keep each round reasonably short but also allow some extended time for when the teams are evenly-matched.

If you would like to make a 1CP map, TMB, I think you should make one. It could be a very good learning opportunity for you.

Jul 6, 2015
everyone is telling me to dont do it...
1cp does not seem like a very interesting concept, and it was created on a test map.
I am curios to see how it plays out, but I doubt it will go any differently then what everyone else has been saying.
Almost ninja'd @worMatty but he gave a more indepth view of how it would play out.

I am still curious how it would play out in an actual map, so by all means go ahead.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Ok, im gonna make the gamemode but i need to know something, should have ARENA or KOTH design?

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Ok, another question, the players should enter again the spawns, in cloak you cant, so, what do you think?

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
but it wasnt designed to be played, its like trying to make itemtest or training into a gamemode

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Stop trying to pull ideas from Cloak. It's not a playable map. It was never meant to be played. If you want to make a 1CP map, do it, but don't design it after Cloak. Just pull the logic and go from there.
Its what im doing but cloak dont let the players back to spawn so i have doubt in that, no need be rude :/