CP_CLOAK gamemode, what is it?

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
Its what im doing but cloak dont let the players back to spawn so i have doubt in that, no need be rude :/

Why does it matter that Cloak doesn't let players back into spawn? You wouldn't design a TF2 map like that, would you? All I'm saying is that if you want to make a 1CP map, you should, but Cloak was just designed as a test map so things like letting players back into spawn was not really on their priority list of things to get right in the map.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Ok, im making the 1 cp (look like koth, i dont know if thats good or not) but i have the feeling that in the imp or gameday will reject or everyone is gonna fun of it for be like cloak gamemode :/

J

jackal

The idea of tests is exactly that, to test. If ppl make fun of your map then oh well, the idea didnt work, try something new. If you can make your map very fun, interesting, different then go for it and maybe people will overlook the fact that it's like Cloak. But don't be discourage if they do not like it. It is a learning experience and not everything will make good gameplay.

RodionJenga

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 24, 2015

Somewhat relavent. The badness is mostly due to cloak's lack of any layout whatsoever, rather than the gamemode itself. So yeah, build from the ground up. Worse comes to worst you can just throw some arena logic in there.