CP_CLOAK gamemode, what is it?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
it literally only existed to test cloak mechanics, the gamemode is not designed for fun and would in fact be Very Very Not Fun
Well, im sorry for say this but, i have to make a map with this gamemode, i dont say im gonna start now, but someday...

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Do you really feel obliged to once make a map for the gamemode not even desingned to be played?

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Ok, lets see, my map version of cloak is not a joke like cloak but its not 100% seriues map, i mean, if this map dont have chances to be official i dont care cause i know how it is...

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
at least a possitive comment, really, why that comments for not tryng to do it, i dont understand :/
Like I said, there's nothing stopping you for going for it. It's just that the 1cp gamemode is inherently flawed and just won't play well even if it's the best 1cp map in the world.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Like I said, there's nothing stopping you for going for it. It's just that the 1cp gamemode is inherently flawed and just won't play well even if it's the best 1cp map in the world.
Emm, ok, in my opinion its a similar mode a koyh or arena so i dont think its so bad...

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Emm, ok, in my opinion its a similar mode a koyh or arena so i dont think its so bad...
Arena = everyone has one life and the primary objective is to kill the enemy team
KOTH = you must capture the point and then hold it for three minutes

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Arena = everyone has one life and the primary objective is to kill the enemy team
KOTH = you must capture the point and then hold it for three minutes
1CP= You must capture the control point for win, the control point take more time than other gamemodes

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
if you lose the midfight in 1cp youve already lost the round, in arena thats the point cause you dont respawn, and in koth you have the chance to take it back

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
KotH maps are designed for long fights over one point. A/D maps are designed for a series of fights, every lost one of which is permanent (for RED).

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
if youre going for a long capture time then it's really just koth so u should just use koth :/