Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
It's basically complete, the only problem I found was that sentries did not want to ride boats :|
Sentries stay in one place and "slide off" the boat?
Place a trigger over all buildable areas on the boat. Filter it for buildables (see the trigger_hurt on payloads). Have the trigger do OnStartTouch > !activator > SetParent > nameofboat

That worked last time I tried it (many years ago).

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
If I sent you feedback on things to change, PLEASE GET ME THE FIXES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE OR YOU MAP MAY NOT BE PLAYED.

Many maps are fine, or you've already contacted me with fixes, some have not. If you got feedback, are confused about it or wondering why I said what I did, LET ME KNOW SOON OR I MAY NOT INCLUDE IT.

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
If I sent you feedback on things to change, PLEASE GET ME THE FIXES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE OR YOU MAP MAY NOT BE PLAYED.

Many maps are fine, or you've already contacted me with fixes, some have not. If you got feedback, are confused about it or wondering why I said what I did, LET ME KNOW SOON OR I MAY NOT INCLUDE IT.

Okay, I have a map but it's not working for some reason.

Basically, the teleporter at the bottom of the pit is not functioning. At first i had a func_teleporter that was the same approximate shape as the pit, but it wasn't working so I made multiple smaller func_teleports. Either way, it won't teleport anyone. Any ideas?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnx2j27peun7c35/pittohell.vmf?dl=0

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Okay, I have a map but it's not working for some reason.

Basically, the teleporter at the bottom of the pit is not functioning. At first i had a func_teleporter that was the same approximate shape as the pit, but it wasn't working so I made multiple smaller func_teleports. Either way, it won't teleport anyone. Any ideas?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnx2j27peun7c35/pittohell.vmf?dl=0

Go to the Flags tab of your trigger_teleport and check the Clients box. You can also go back to using a single trigger.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Sentries stay in one place and "slide off" the boat?
Place a trigger over all buildable areas on the boat. Filter it for buildables (see the trigger_hurt on payloads). Have the trigger do OnStartTouch > !activator > SetParent > nameofboat

That worked last time I tried it (many years ago).

So...
it didn't work.

What am I doing wrong?
3wc4FyJ.jpg

9SkPjP4.jpg

MLTLIMU.jpg

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
What you're doing here is trying to parent the filter entity itself to the ship.

I think what you ought to do is put !activator in the "Target entities named" box. It'll show up red, but it should fire the command on any buildables that go into the trigger. Also, I'm not an entity genius or anything, but other nonplayer entities that aren't buildings, like some projectiles, might get parented as well.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
What you're doing here is trying to parent the filter entity itself to the ship.

I think what you ought to do is put !activator in the "Target entities named" box. It'll show up red, but it should fire the command on any buildables that go into the trigger. Also, I'm not an entity genius or anything, but other nonplayer entities that aren't buildings, like some projectiles, might get parented as well.

Oh, I thought !activator stood for something.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Okay, now that literally did broke everything on the boat, and didn't even fix the sentry problem.
In fact, nothing parented to the boat!
Except for doors, because apparently when you open them they shoot off 10000 miles away.

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
Yeah, the doors are non-player entities, so they're included in that filter. Maybe setting the filter to "Allow entities that match criteria," then have 3 of them(with the same name) and set the filtered classes to obj_sentrygun, obj_teleporter, and obj_dispenser. Remember, I'm not an entity expert at all, so no guarantees.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Yeah, the doors are non-player entities, so they're included in that filter. Maybe setting the filter to "Allow entities that match criteria," then have 3 of them(with the same name) and set the filtered classes to obj_sentrygun, obj_teleporter, and obj_dispenser. Remember, I'm not an entity expert at all, so no guarantees.

And, how would you set multiple things?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
And, how would you set multiple things?
filter_multi + three filter_activator_class

Also your trigger itself should be parented to the boat, because it needs to be moving. Buildables do not interact with triggers unless one or the other is in motion, thus the necessity of parenting the trigger to the moving boat so it will "catch" the buildable as soon as it is placed.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
filter_multi + three filter_activator_class

Also your trigger itself should be parented to the boat, because it needs to be moving. Buildables do not interact with triggers unless one or the other is in motion, thus the necessity of parenting the trigger to the moving boat so it will "catch" the buildable as soon as it is placed.

It's parented.

And it still.
Doesn't.
Work!

DAMMIT! Ugh, I guess if we have to, we could just place the ban on engies for that map until it's fixed.

But I REALLY want it fixed! (especially given that I couldn't parent health & ammo to the ship, so I'm relying on engies and medics to help out) Can we get someone who has previously had this problem and knows knows the answer on the line? Or maybe a forum link? OR ANYTHING? please... I'm desperate :eek:hmy:

14bit

L14: Bit Member
aa
Oct 5, 2014
Hey, can I still submit my map later today or is it too late? It's finished but I had issues packing some textures last night. I can't get to my computer until around 3-4 ish to fix it, so can I still submit it then?

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
According to Japan, it's time. Should we do a warmup with the old maps?

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
These maps have been uploaded to the server to be played.

You may now play them.
arena_boombastic
arena_boxx_b1
arena_chiron_tl34_a1
arena_freefall
arena_grappleknife_a1.bsp
arena_harvest_spooky_a1
arena_has_manor_a1
arena_monumental_a1
arena_nebula
arena_toastierroast_a1
cp_dust_joking
ctf_2fort_merged
ctf_confine_a2
ctf_teutanic_a1
ctf_trainfort
ctf_turbine_pisstaco
helpit666 (Yes, this does NOT have a prefix)
koth_insomniaplusboredom_a8
koth_kittens_final1_rc1_b1_a1
koth_monolith
koth_traindeath
kz_immolation

... more to come at a later time.

I have been sent like 2-3 since I made this list and did some uploading, I will do my best to check them and get to them tonight. They should be up for EU morning times.

Last edited: