Ye Olde Workshoppe - The mighty quest for an epic update

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Gadget, May 27, 2016.

1. The Siphon

The Siphon L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I could create a medieval map, if I get back to TF2 mapping that is.
    Good idea anyways!

2. Viperi

aa Viperi not actually a snek

Positive Ratings:
    Great, our collab team is getting biig.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ics

aa ics http://ics-base.net

Positive Ratings:
    Try to get something released too, having collaboration with strangers is not always easy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Viperi

Positive Ratings:
    Depends. I don't lead the team, however we are having a solid concept for the map.

5. Jellydotjar

Jellydotjar L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I would join the collab but it seems like its a full house by now. Oh well! I'm working on a medieval ctf map for this as we speak.

but I would totally be down for a collab if it isn't full

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  6. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    Keep in mind that if you are making a medieval CTF map, everyone will just play scout because of how easy it will be to capture. The intel has to have some sort of debuff like slowness or mark for death.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Viperi

Positive Ratings:
    The intel could basically be a mead keg or something to make the slowdown make sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gadget

aa Gadget

Positive Ratings:
    I was thinking about a bag of gold coins or other loot. Someone also suggested to have a princess as the intel. But the intel definately needs to slow the carrier.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jellydotjar

Positive Ratings:
    Kinda a dumb question but what do i need to add to make the intel carrier slower

10. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    No princesses please. Bags of gold coins goblets, crowns etc, yes please. With a nice falling coins particle effect to replace the falling papers!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Gadget

aa Gadget

Positive Ratings:
    That was the idea, yes. Someone just has to make it. Any volunteers for drawing some concepts?

(I don't really expect anyone to go all the way and design a complete princess model with the same quality as the Civilian - the only way it would work well in game.)

12. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
    I think the bigger issue with the princess idea is more political than practical.
    (No, this is not an invitation to talk about politics. Keep this thread on topic.)

As for an alpha-stage map, you don't need to worry about giving a graphical explanation of why the intel carrier is slow. If you're worried about confusion, you can add a small graphic in the spawnrooms explaining any non-default features of your map.

13. MegapiemanPHD

aa MegapiemanPHD Doctorate in Deliciousness

Positive Ratings:
    Couldn't be any worse than Capture the Babe from Duke Nukem Forever :p

Making it a larger object, like an anvil, could help people understand why it slows them down. Although idk why anyone would want to capture an anvil.

Maybe even have it take away your ability to use a weapon, like the Jack from Pass time, to make players work together more.

14. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    PASS time could work if it was done like that. Only issue is that when the jack has lots of debuffs on it, people will actually use it as a weapon by throwing it at the enemy's face and killing them while they are defenseless. Maybe make it like pass_cuisine where the jack heals teammates?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Davekillerish

aa Davekillerish Lvl O: Orange Member

Positive Ratings:
    Can this get added to the title cards on the home page?

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. Construction Zombie

Construction Zombie L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    From a couple of the ideas that people have had that I've skimmed over, could this be an opportunity to bring back the VIP gamemode? I don't think it would need to be the exact same as VIP, it could simply a flag that slows the carrier while buffing his team as a whole (function similar to banners, giving minicrits, speed, ect?). The flag could be reskinned to a crown and be required to capture control points; or areas in, say, a castle. This idea is a freebie, I myself am not thinking up new maps, already got enough on my plate.

17. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    If an 800x440 image with the title of it can be provided, yes, I will add it.

18. Jellydotjar

Positive Ratings:
    I have a map idea up for grabs as I wont be able to work on it: A norse themed map where the blue team is vikings invading a town that looks sort of like rottenburg. It would be a attack and defend- player destruction hybrid map with 3 capture points located through the town. The catch is you have to kill a certain amount of people and take their "Gold" to the control point to unlock it.

19. SC PL

aa SC PL local shitposter

Positive Ratings:
    I was planning some time ago about medieval map and it sounds it's a good time to make a map

Ok, I know I'll never make the map due I'm lazyf*ck

20. zahndah

aa zahndah professional letter

Positive Ratings:
    so red can win by not dying - sitting in spawn afk

• Agree Agree x 1