Oct 15, 2015
The New Mid for Koth_fullfilled almsot isnt comparable to the earlier version
20160830192311_1.jpg
20160830192340_1.jpg

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Those ceiling supports are probably too thin and too far away from the ceiling. I would raise them and make them wider/thicker. Also, instead of keeping those ceiling duct props in the corner, I would make them more apparent or go for some other design which covers more of the ceiling. It's fun to have them wind around light props and such.

Another note which isn't that big of a deal is that the tile floor you're using is mostly used sparingly in that spawnroom theme. Or, it indicates some important area or smaller room. Larger rooms use the fainter, white tiles instead. This is just if you want to keep consistent with the other maps.
If you study the stock maps with this theme you'll probably see what I mean.
example
The ceiling supports were more added for pizazz than realism. I was planning on going back and making them a bit more realistic. I was gonna have more ventwork around the spawn area, but I was having some trouble with the props, so I might not do that. As for those tiles, I think they look fine, but I see your point.

This isn't 100% done obviously, but I don't know how much I'm gonna touch any more detailing until I get to Beta

Oct 6, 2008
So, among everything else, i'm still working on Hierarch RC3. Currently i'm trying to increase the believability of the OOB area. The goal is to not break immersion unless you're noclipping around there. Most of this stuff is only visible if you jump into the death pit, but hey, it is there, and my optimization took down the load enough to include it.

Still working on the light though. I wasn't able to get light down into the deathpit without destroying the lighting of the map, so it is artifical, but i think it's not too recognizable. Still working on that rock in screenshot 2 though.
wip01.jpg wip02.jpg

I really liked it but I think you would do better if to made the section of the walls that merge with the cliff into a stone foundation.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Afaik Rexy's models aren't usable if a map is bought, due to his non-compete agreement.