WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Sheltr

L3: Member
Feb 24, 2011
Geometry looks nice, but it's awfully dark. try lowering the sun angle and intensifying the light it casts. That wood floor also looks like it'd be simple to make into a custom texture. Just take that texture you're currently using and rotate part of it in diamond shapes like that in the middle of it. Could be a cool effect!

There isn't any skybox yet this is in hammer editor. unless you are talking about another image then the one above.

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
bPrvQHR.png

I'm in the midst of iterating on this heavily, trying to use space effectively while still giving an open shipping port kind of feel. Thoughts? Behind the camera is going to be ocean, the minor details thrown around are just there to help me get scalings.

Jusa

aa
May 28, 2013
I'm in the midst of iterating on this heavily, trying to use space effectively while still giving an open shipping port kind of feel. Thoughts? Behind the camera is going to be ocean, the minor details thrown around are just there to help me get scalings.

I wish those posts with chains inbetween would link together somehow.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
-snip-
EDIT: How you add music to a map?

Use an ambient_generic to add sounds and music to your map (except in the place of soundscapes). For music throughout the map, you're going to want to make sure that the "Play Everywhere" flag is set, the "Start Silent" flag is not set, and the "Is NOT Looped" flag is not set. Keep in mind, though, most TF2 maps really don't have music, but I can really see it working in a bumper car map or something, or when used in reserve.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
bPrvQHR.png

Kinda depends on what you want this area to be. If the actual shipping and transport occurs on this strip of land, then you'll probably want a) junk laying about that people are putting on/taking off of ships and b) platforms going out into the water that would be used for getting said junk onto/off of said ships.

Regardless, if you want a spot to put junk, here's probably your best bet:

CzzQggn.png

If you add a ramp to let people get on, that would also be another way to make the area more interesting. Granted, it'll make that point easier/harder to defend depending on where the ramp is.

Oct 6, 2008

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
-detail snip-

If you add a ramp to let people get on, that would also be another way to make the area more interesting. Granted, it'll make that point easier/harder to defend depending on where the ramp is.

Thank you for the detailing advice, I'm trying to wrap my head around it so I can influence my layout a little bit early.

I thought I should mention this is the flag arena idea I've had. That's the capture area and the flags going to be on the opposite end of the map. On the left of the screenshot I posted is one of the two exits from spawn. Anyway I think your comment about the junk is still very helpful, defending the point from an intel capping player should probably be a little easier. There's 4 routes to the capture zone at the moment; above, from spawns, and through the middle.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2008
I was going to say - finally someone made a cliff that wasn't straight!

TheoF114

L1: Registered
Sep 10, 2013
Some retextures of the pl_borneo trees for mapleridge/autumn pack. Not too sure about the mixed colour one, thinking of scrapping it.

VibhA9D.png

b2FI8hx.jpg

Jusa

aa
May 28, 2013
3RRLSra.png

Esoteric Order Of Saxton.

Damn it, I was supposed to make this map for the 72hr contest.
Sometimes people say "You learn self-discipline in the military". I then laugh at them.

Edit: a few extra screens of pre-alpha Arena_Manssmouth

UVza5dE.jpg

CJGh8tJ.jpg

Tl2kQQ5.jpg

Last edited:

Hash Browns

L1: Registered
Jan 4, 2015
Uh yeah, something I started a bit ago I want to finish it, perhaps. It's in space so that's pretty sweet.

Really, really early WIP btw. Not sure if I'm going to finish it, but that's what this thread is for, right?

SZ5LHNC.png

Unh3lpful

L2: Junior Member
May 6, 2015
Wanted to start looking into complex detail brush work with the vertex tool as I've never gotten to that stage before. It's not perfectly in the tf2 style but I'd still love some more feedback.

cAjL5yq.jpg

UDmvUnh.jpg

JGYuoLm.jpg

j19Vp8c.jpg