aa
Sep 5, 2014
I bet you can't guess which gamemode this is going to be

xSEGdmn.jpg

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
Wanted to start looking into complex detail brush work with the vertex tool... love some more feedback.

-snip-

While interesting it looks a little bit too busy with all those brushes and gaps between everything. Try cleaning up the brushes and go for a more natural bridge look. If all you wanted to achieve was some crazy vertex practice I think you did a good job in that regard.

-snip-

I think that's a nice start, might want to add a little team color to each side of the map for clarity.

Oct 6, 2008
What would happen if you made the textures bigger ie .50 maybe it would smooth them out visually too.

Apr 14, 2013

xSEGdmn.jpg

I am also thinking about starting a sd_ map.
(assuming you aren't trying to trick us into thinking it's sd_ by adding the rocket, while it's actually tc_). I Think that the rocket needs to be higher up. As a flag carrier, the last place I want to be is on the lowerground, and that's exactly where the rocket is. All the spam will drain to the rocket ramp.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I am also thinking about starting a sd_ map.
(assuming you aren't trying to trick us into thinking it's sd_ by adding the rocket, while it's actually tc_). I Think that the rocket needs to be higher up. As a flag carrier, the last place I want to be is on the lowerground, and that's exactly where the rocket is. All the spam will drain to the rocket ramp.

100% disagree with this based on playing Congo.

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
more things that I make that I'm not sure what it will lead to.
5E5E315B8E0E21DC62B6B3632E1D6041A42CDBAF

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Please. The only logical conclusion is that he's burglarizing 5curve.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Jofamsz.jpg

I scrapped the old basement idea and gonna try this instead.

(Quite open, i'll try to fix that.)

The openness might not be as much of an issue if you have plenty of access along the sides, allowing people to flank around to a close enough view of where snipers would be

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
better than dead ones, i think

then again, knowing you, mannequin-boy, i'm not so sure

Moonfixer

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 23, 2014
While I was taking a break from koth_outskirts I began to block out another koth map.

ZHmsH8G.jpg

iablJlt.jpg

BGyDvdt.jpg

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Looks interesting Aman, and like you have a better understanding of Hammer in general. Keep it up.

Dio, cool ideas, but you need to increase the lighting a lot. I can barely see at all.

PlipPlop

L2: Junior Member
Nov 18, 2009
Here's... something, I guess.

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Nothing grand, but whatever. :/

0c7JL5S.jpg

I'm kind of coming back to this map again to hopefully finish it. I don't really play TF2 anymore, but I like to mess around in the editor as it's kind of therapeutic for me. This map needs some serious TLC though as I can only run vvis in fast for the moment, so I need to get creative with optimizing it.

Sorry for all the images. :<

Unh3lpful

L2: Junior Member
May 6, 2015
Doing some more work on detail practice. Spent a day looking into new things such a weather and made this. I'm really fond of the medieval Halloween theme. Put in a few nice lightning surprises too.

RG8byRH.jpg

And on lightning strike,

lC3MGk2.jpg