Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Confused yet?
detail_frozen0003.jpg

detail_frozen0004.jpg

T

The Asylum

confused? the cave would be in the mountain, right?

wait

maybe you're hinting that we should be confused

did you... put the mountain in the cave?

Empyre

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 8, 2011
Mint Onion, I can tell that you've made maps for other games because that is a beautiful map, but it would be a sniper's paradise because it is so open. Also, the water is designed to be scaled at 1.0, unlike everything else.

mint onion

L3: Member
Jul 18, 2013
Mint Onion, I can tell that you've made maps for other games because that is a beautiful map, but it would be a sniper's paradise because it is so open. Also, the water is designed to be scaled at 1.0, unlike everything else.

hey Empyre. i have messed in hammer and udk in the past but i've never taken a map to final.

i have a few years of experience with asset creation so working in 3d is familiar to me. the source sdk tools are fairly well documented and there are lots of useful resources online, including this forum and its members.

thanks for the compliments on my map and for the warning. i agree, this space will allow snipers to become very dangerous. as well as the exploding expert and missile man. i'll keep a look out for issues that may arise due to the arrangement.

the very first hallways were actually designed around the sniper class and so it would seem, set the pace for the rest of the map. i do not wish to drastically favor one class over another with this map. i expect to make mistakes. if i find my layout impacts the play experience in a negative way, i will want to try my best to find a solution.

my main goal for this map is to be creative, have fun building spaces, and learn to overcome as many technical challenges and beginner mistakes i come across. so far, it's been an absolute blast.

i should change the texture scale on the water to 1.0 rather than what is probably .25? okay, i'll take your word on that.

thx! :)

Last edited:

mint onion

L3: Member
Jul 18, 2013
now this looks interesting

im a bit worried about mapflow tho but cant really comment on that from screenshots alone

thanks for the comment Sergis. i'd be interested in hearing what you know about mapflow. Dr. Element had mentioned he'd be interested in seeing my map's layout in THIS thread and i'll do my best to post something up when i find the time later tonight.

when i share update links in this mega-thread in the future, i'll link to my feedback thread to minimize cluttering this gallery type thread as much as possible.

Last edited: