We now have a Steam Chat Bot!

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
Filled out the survey, and would like to stress the point that auto-deletion of maps + messaging map-authors who have their map played/deleted should be re-added as soon as possible, IMO.
Both these things have been on the top of the "to-do" list for the bot, thought the auto-delete was working though but need to fix it by the sounds of it.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
This happened earlier:

09:56 - V2Bot entered chat.
09:56 - V2Bot disconnected.
09:57 - V2Bot disconnected.
09:57 - V2Bot entered chat.
09:57 - Muddy: vbot
09:57 - Muddy: pls
09:57 - Muddy: VBOT
09:57 - Muddy: PLS
09:57 - Donut the Vikingchap: bot you're drunk
09:57 - Muddy: I'M TRYING TO KICK IT BUT I CAN'T
09:57 - V2Bot was banned by Muddy.

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Updated the bot
  • For Admins, !replydelete now works, after using !replyadd
  • UK server added, and EU server removed
  • The bot now Posts map changes to chat (Likely Broken)
  • The bot now removes maps that are played from the map list, and messages the user (Likely Broken)
  • The bot now keeps maps on reboot, instead of deleting them
  • The bot now reboots properly (unlike the post prior), and can be rebooted through !reboot
  • It'll reboot after an hour of inactivity, this includes if it just refuses to listen to messages as its done in the past
There does seem to be some issues though with the major server stuff, so there's no guarantees if that's actually working, I'll look back into it in about a week (its refusing a connection for an unknown reason only when hosted on the server, but not from my local machine, code is implemented though for everything aforementioned) that issue may take longer to solve and i'm busy right now to look more deeply into it, but in a week it should be fixed.

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
  • SearchBot has now been depreciated, and V2Bot will now do all your searching needs, feel free to recommend some sites or pages you'd like to have on command available

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
It looks like only Admins have permission to delete maps from the queue (not even the map authors), is this intentional?

Edit: Also, some VBot spamming-

psy entered chat.
QuantumBlink: outside the map?
[10]V2Bot: UK server is now on cp_hadal_b6 - 7/24 - join: steam://connect/149.18.184.205:27015
[10]V2Bot: UK server is now on cp_hadal_b6 - 7/24 - join: steam://connect/149.18.184.205:27015
idoIon: thats what the compile log says
psy: are you ready zahn
ekscelle.dll: wtf vbot
Zahndah: YEP
QuantumBlink: okay, is there a tool I can use to find leaks?
idoIon: idk why it thinks there's an "outside" considering you have a leak
Zahndah: vbot is the new seba
[15]V2Bot: UK server is now on cp_hadal_b6 - 8/24 - join: steam://connect/149.18.184.205:27015
[15]V2Bot: UK server is now on cp_hadal_b6 - 8/24 - join: steam://connect/149.18.184.205:27015
idoIon: yep
idoIon: http://i.imgur.com/rePu50O.png
ekscelle.dll: vbot is literally spamming rn
QuantumBlink: thanks

Last edited:

Jethro

MUSty Complainer
Nov 2, 2009
wat.PNG

Bot is having... trouble. Notice the amount of maps.

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Ok, so after today, quick update:
  • The bot will not post map changes into chat due to the previous error
  • The bot WILL keep deleting played maps from the imp list however
  • The MOTD now posts only once an hour, so feel free to start utilizing it again admins

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Update time
  • Using !add will now (sorta) check if a map is uploaded, if it is uploaded you can use just !add mapname
  • Everything after the mapname will be added as notes if its already uploaded
  • Maps with uppercase letters will be rejected, or larger than 32chars
  • !uploadcheck <map> Now also works
  • The upload check functionality has been hugely improved from the previous VBot, now it wont forever freeze/hang when the website is down
  • Fixed a bug where a character before the notes was added to the notes
Now, massive disclaimer on the uploadcheck stuff, right now its checking the demos instead of the actual serverlist, i'll fix that when I get the URL for it (which will probably be morning for americans)

Gonna start pumping out some more updates, please start making some requests for small stuff to have added!

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Another Update time! Well, its not implemented in the bot just yet (as they will wipe the map list and there's 12 maps) but will soon be uploaded to the VBot server:
  • Users can delete the maps they added to the bot
  • !replyremove now works
  • Set the character limit to 27
  • Map changes with more than 4 players will message the chat, once (Possibly could cause issues, so i'm waiting for a day i'm online before updating)

Last edited:

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Ok, update time:

Previously stated changes are now implemented including:
  • Users can delete the maps they added to the bot
  • !replyremove now works
  • Set the character limit to 27
  • Map changes with more than 4 players will message the chat, once (Possibly could cause issues, so i'm waiting for a day i'm online before updating)
Additionally:
  • Bot will now PM usernames with map names, along with steamid for verification
  • As the map list got wiped and I had to re-add everything, the current 16 maps are assigned to my username, don't worry though they're fine

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Major update today

Module Reprogramming
Rewrote a major component of the bot's back-end programming. Allowing a communication towards each individual module within the bot as well as further independence within these modules. Modules are kinda like singular "responsibilities" of the bot, one module would handle the map list whilst another would handle the MOTD for example
  • !modulelist can be used to show all currently activated modules
  • !moduleremove <modulename> can be used to remove a module, thus deactivating it (CASE SENSITIVE)
  • !moduleadd <modulename> can be used to re-add a module, no duplicates allowed
Keep in mind the bot will not respond immediately confirming/denying if it was deleted/added, so you'll have to check yourself

The modules are (all load on boot):
  • MotdModule
  • MapModule
  • UsersModule (DO NOT DELETE)
  • RepliesModule
  • AdminModule (Undeletable)
  • SearchModule
  • ImpNaoModule (Work in progress)
  • ServerModule
A major benefit to this interface is now if the bot does something stupid, just delete the individual module not the whole bot (like spam server changes)

Do keep in mind when the bot reboots it will reload all the modules, and that it'll reboot from a super-extended ghost

ServerModule Fix
Despite previously saying the following were working, I had to make some changes and can now confirm they're working:
  • The bot now posts server map changes to chat
  • The bot now deletes from the map list
  • Slight Chance that the bot will accidentally post map changes twice (even in a long minute-long span) this is normal

Last edited:

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Todays update

• VBot no longer will set the mapname at the beginning of its name on boot, but will set it once a change has occurred in the list as par usual
  • To compensate, !nameupdate can be fired to instantly update the name of the bot
  • UsersModule can no longer be removed
  • ImpNaoModule doesn't launch on boot, furthermore this module is operational, what this means for the average user will eventually become clear (basically an updated variant of the mapmodule)
  • ServerModule shall now attempt to ensure that it doesn't double-up with posting in chat, no guarantees
  • The bot will now record your username when you add maps to the imp, and display it when using !maps, as previously users offline would be shown as 'offline' the downside to this is that the current map list will have this section empty
That's pretty much it, updates may begin slowing at this point now as there isn't much for me to do and i'm getting busy again, will try and do what I can though

Last edited:

Kube

aa
Aug 31, 2014
One quick suggestion, is it possible that the last map of an imp is added to the front of the map queue? Often the last map in an imp is tested with a very small playercount. If this map happens to be yours, you have to go to the back of the line with little to no valuable feedback.

Or maybe rather than automatically doing this, add an !addtofront command (for admin use only), so that the action could be performed manually?

Jul 6, 2015
One quick suggestion, is it possible that the last map of an imp is added to the front of the map queue? Often the last map in an imp is tested with a very small playercount. If this map happens to be yours, you have to go to the back of the line with little to no valuable feedback.

Or maybe rather than automatically doing this, add an !addtofront command (for admin use only), so that the action could be performed manually?
Do you mean in the imp queue it was put in? or that the last map of every imp queue be placed first in the following one after its been played?

If you mean to place it in the front of the queue it was in, thats kind of unfair to the person who put their map in the front of the list and everyone else before them.

If you mean to place it in the front of the next queue (what I assume you mean) it might be a bit off to people who already got a message saying their map was tested (the auto reply from the steam bot) only to see the map in the queue again as if there was an error.

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013

I definitely agree with the idea of an !addtofront command, definitely will aim to add it when i'm back to adding features, or even positioning

edit: Also allowing admins to utilize the command at their discretion, so they can see if its an appropriate scenario

Kube

aa
Aug 31, 2014
Do you mean in the imp queue it was put in? or that the last map of every imp queue be placed first in the following one after its been played?

If you mean to place it in the front of the queue it was in, thats kind of unfair to the person who put their map in the front of the list and everyone else before them.

If you mean to place it in the front of the next queue (what I assume you mean) it might be a bit off to people who already got a message saying their map was tested (the auto reply from the steam bot) only to see the map in the queue again as if there was an error.

The second one. Worst comes to worst, a second message says "Your map was played again, due to low player counts last time it was tested."

I definitely agree with the idea of an !addtofront command, definitely will aim to add it when i'm back to adding features, or even positioning

edit: Also allowing admins to utilize the command at their discretion, so they can see if its an appropriate scenario

Thanks a ton.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
How about the complete tools to organize maps, like !moveforward, !movetoend for each map?

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
How about the complete tools to organize maps, like !moveforward, !movetoend for each map?
I'd rather add an index command, so we can have !setmap <mapname> <position> but I'm going to have some key ones like mentioned before