~Update Time ~
  • Tried to update the bot and failed, map list got wiped in the process
  • Sorry

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
~Major Update~
  • A major overhaul of VBot's programming, there's a possibility of some errors and problems, so please make sure to post them om this thread so I can keep on top of them. if the issues are too prevalent I will go back to the previous version
  • Instant replies have all been erased on accident, they all just need to be re-added
  • There are no other changes on purpose apart from those

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
The !updatemap command doesn't work. It says I did not submit the map when I did (also, staff should be able to do it anyway?)

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
The !updatemap command doesn't work. It says I did not submit the map when I did (also, staff should be able to do it anyway?)
That command has been broken a while and it's on the very top of my list of things to do. Thanks for reminding though, should fix it within the week

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
~Major Update time~
Since the restructure is done here's some more fun stuff again
  • !reposition <index> <mapname> Allows admins to reposition a map in the queue
  • !update <oldmapname> <new mapname> <newurl> Allows a map to be updated without losing spot (doesn't support changing notes yet)
  • !insert <index> <mapname> <url> <notes> allows a map to be inserted to the queue in the specified position
  • !setextendedmotd <days> <motd> Sets a MOTD that goes for several days
This should hopefully help out with a few issues that have become prevalent

Edit: Also they're 0 indexed, the first spot on the list would be "0"

Last edited:

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
~Update Time~
  • Bot now reboots when using !reboot (This was something I forgot to re-implement, and caused the bot to be disconnected today)
  • Furthermore, if an admin uses !reboot on a different platform, the bot will reboot in all places
  • Also, the bot will reboot when it doesn't receive a message for a while (ghosts + steam maitanance)
  • !add will no longer append "No Notes" if no notes are provided
  • Keep in mind if your map is uploaded and you still provide a URL, that will be turned into notes

Edit: Keep in mind for existing maps in the list "No Notes" is still existent

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
~Update time~

!emulatemotd will now emulate a MOTD being sent, this goes across all channels across all platforms
!TickMotd will now return how many times a motd has been sent and how many remaining
!settermotd tells who set the motd

The MOTD should also be fixed now

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
~Small update~
  • Updated the steamkit library to the latest version, alongside improving some parts of the backend
  • (Hopefully) fixed the update command

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Vbot updates shall now commence again, got a ton of free time now so looking to do a ton of stuff. Was gonna hold off on these but damn i'm impatient:

• Created a website that maps and Urls can now be viewed from, the URL can be viewed using /maps
  • For admins this can be stopped using !stopwebserver , and then !startwebserver <url in /maps> to start it again
  • Fixed an error that prevented the bot from rebooting after significant amounts of time waiting
  • map name duplicates are now rejected by the bot when using the map command
edit: http://vbot.site

Edit: I am aware there is now an issue that when vbot rejoin chats it does so several times, I will fix this tomorrow.

Last edited:

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Major Update, I would love to dub it the "Anniversary update" happy first year to VBot.

• Website is now posted on !maps command
  • http://vbot.site/ now has a styled table and will be generally a lot more usable
  • Fixed the major error relating to errors being posted to chat

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Just was reminded about this in the last update, and forgot to post it:

• The bot will now notify when your map is removed via a delete command, or because its been run on the server

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Major update for VBot:

• !serveradd <Name> <IP> <Port> added as a command
  • !serverremove <Name> added as a command
These allow the server-list to be dynamically updated. Eg:
  • !serveradd EU 31.186.251.51 27015
  • !serverremove US (Ensure there are no spaces after)
As usual, "!moduleremove servermodule" can be used to remove the module if this causes major issues.

Furthermore when adding and removing servers, it'll be given a command such as !euserver from "eu"

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Is it worth having the bot print the map list in chat now that we have the site, which is much tidier and more convenient to use? Maybe remove that functionality altogether, so the !maps command just posts a link to the site. It'll also (mostly) stop the issue of the bot spamming the map list if multiple people use the command at once.

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Is it worth having the bot print the map list in chat now that we have the site, which is much tidier and more convenient to use?
As of right now the concern is that if something causes the website to no longer function/connect then there's no way for people to find out the maplist, so it acts as a fail-safe.

I'm happy to reduce the map number down significantly though

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
As of right now the concern is that if something causes the website to no longer function/connect then there's no way for people to find out the maplist, so it acts as a fail-safe.

I'm happy to reduce the map number down significantly though
I don't support Muddys idea but you could make the bot ping the site and test if it works